Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered Warmoth SRV Neck

Hey All!
    I ordered a SRV neck for the Hotrod Hardtail Strat last night. I've been lovin the one I got for the MIM Super so much I just had to go there! If any ones interested in the Fender neck I'll be lettin it go. Its virtually mint and will be goin with the tuners. Its got the extra finnishing and rounded edges and all that the Hotrods got. Rosewood Board. They said about 7 weeks til delivery of the new one so I'll be lettin it go then. If anyones interested let me know before I put on ebay.
    Jim

i like those necks alot...i had a friend who had an srv strat...that neck fit my hands pretty good?!
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Re: Ordered Warmoth SRV Neck

Originally posted by StratDreaminJim
      Hey All!
      I ordered a SRV neck for the Hotrod Hardtail Strat last night. I've been lovin the one I got for the MIM Super so much I just had to go there! If any ones interested in the Fender neck I'll be lettin it go. Its virtually mint and will be goin with the tuners. Its got the extra finnishing and rounded edges and all that the Hotrods got. Rosewood Board. They said about 7 weeks til delivery of the new one so I'll be lettin it go then. If anyones interested let me know before I put on ebay.
      Jim
      Put it on the Trading Post when you are ready and se if you have any takers. Any chance for pictures?
      Normans Guitars

Comment

Jim,

best of luck with that project

sorry to say this, but I don't quite understand Warmoth's need to charge an additional fee for that neck, since it's already programmed on their machine.

for that reason, among others, I'll probably switch to USA Custom for my next project:

USA Custom
        Last edited by Curly; 03-23-2004, 05:28 PM.
        "music heals"
        facebook

Comment

What are the specs on that neck? 12 inch radiused Pao Ferro board /w jumbo frets?

Comment

I know what you mean Curly. Thing is I was so pleased with the last one I would hate for it not to be the same. Plus USACustom doesnt seem to like the SS frets. mrid which one do you mean? The Warmoth is 10 to 16 radius, extra large SS frets, Flame maple/Pau Ferro, Corian Nut, Planet Wave Self trimming tuners. Having it finnished aged.

The Fender is a 9.5 radius, med. jumbos, rosewood with the extra rounding and fretwork. Its a sweet neck but I 'm just really into the SRVs. They just feel totaly right. The first one I ordered was total vintage but this one will be vintage/modern.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
              Jim,

best of luck with that project

sorry to say this, but I don't quite understand Warmoth's need to charge an additional fee for that neck, since it's already programmed on their machine.

for that reason, among others, I'll probably switch to USA Custom for my next project:

USA Custom
              I agree 110% Curly.. I would've already made the switch to USA Custom, but they don't do angled Rosewood pegheads currently (that I'm aware of, at least). I hate being charged for every little thing. I know a guy who works a CNC machine, and he can whip up programs to make a fishing lure in about 10 minutes.. I don't see how recalling a preset program can take $35 worth of time.
              -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
              I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

Originally posted by Fatty
                I don't see how recalling a preset program can take $35 worth of time.
                exactly!
                since I work on CAD all the time, I don't get it either ...

USA has a profile that must be very close to SRV, although they call it something else.
                I'll repeat that I've been satisfied with my Warmoth necks, but there doesn't seem to be a big selection between "standard thin" and boatneck or fatback, as far as standard cuts.
                USA's approach is more systematic, fits the ability of the technology, and makes it easy to spec your favorite neck profile.

That's probably why their backlog is 8 weeks.
                "music heals"
                facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Fatty
                  I don't see how recalling a preset program can take $35 worth of time.
                  It's "buisness." I know it seems confusing, but you have to think from the standpoint of a company that makes its money prostituting the legacy of a dead man.

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
                    It's "buisness." I know it seems confusing, but you have to think from the standpoint of a company that makes its money prostituting the legacy of a dead man.
                    true, which is why I like to point out that someone else can do the same thing without additional charges
                    "music heals"
                    facebook

Comment

Working...
                    X