banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's done. Ordering a Heritage Paul. Need MAJOR Advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's done. Ordering a Heritage Paul. Need MAJOR Advice!

Hi Guys.

I've finally decided I'll be getting a Heritage Les Paul (Original body specs).
    After seeing Kaknights Les Paul, I wanted one just like it.

Here's Kaknights thread: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=7981

Here are the specs that I will be asking Jay Wolfe for:

Neck: 24 3/4 ".
    Haven't decided on contour yet (50s or 60s slim neck)
    Does anybody know what else I can get that accomodates LOW action, SMOOTH bends, and easy playability. A thing to keep in mind is I have BIG hands though. I was thinking of 50s fat neck with 6130 fretwire. Does anyone have any better ideas for fretsizes? Would 6100 be better for sustain, playability and bends?
    The materials will be mahogany neck with Ebony fretboard though. Also getting the fretboard and headstock bound with cream binding. Using real mother of pearl inlays (Standard Paul style).
    Bone Nut.

I haven't decided on the color yet. I really like Kaknights almond burst, but I might just go with a heritage cherry burst (a bit lighter). Anyone know any other good colors?

Pickups are hands down Duncan Antiquities (that guitar will deserve em...)

The body shape will be original Les Paul spec (not the smaller heritage type).
    Using Eastern Maple for the flamed top, and South American Mahogany for the body material. The body will be bound on both sides with cream binding.

Aluminum TonePros double locking bridge and tailpeice.

Sperzel or Shaller tuners.

Probably going to engrave my initials into the truss rod cover - AAA

A thing I wasn't sure about is what angle do they glue the neck in to the body? (I heard from various musicians that that angle varies).

I am going to email Jay Wolfe and request an estimate. Does anyone know his phone number as well?

Are there any things anyone would like to recomment? I'd appreciate any feedback!

Thank you.
    my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
    A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Re: It's done. Ordering a Heritage Paul. Need MAJOR Advice!

go for the 50s neck with the 6100 fret wire, sence you have big hands it will be a hell of alot more comfortable and the bends will be alot easiar.
    Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
    The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Re: It's done. Ordering a Heritage Paul. Need MAJOR Advice!

http://www.wolfeguitars.com/ phone number's there

Here are the Heritage colors.

My 535
      <-------
      is the "Old Style Burst" IIRC

Scott Fitzgerald's goldtop looks awesome IMHO.

This fretwire chart from Warmoth may help http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/Fretsize.htm. FWIW the 6150 is the best balance of height and width for me, but everyone has their own fingers...

Please tell Jay who sent you his way

Chip
      Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
      Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
      Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
      SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
      SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
      "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Working...
      X