Randall RM4 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall RM4 question

I have a Randall RM4 preamp and RT2 stereo amp. I am looking at purchasing another RM4. Would I be able to run both RM4s into the RT2? Say using an A+B connection. Or am I going to have to purchase another amp. Plus could I use the midi RF4 foot control to control all three?

Thanx
    Egnater M4 (2) Recto, Blackface, Plexi
    VHT 2502
    (2) Randal XLT 4X12
    (2) Jackson SL2H USA Soloist (SH-1n, TB-6b)
    Jackson SL1 (Classic Stack, Classic Stack, TB-6b)
    Keeley TS-9 Mod Plus & TS-9 Baked Mod
    http://www.robertkeeley.com
    Line 6 Echo Pro and Mod Pro
    Chandler Digital Echo Delay

Just run an AB box between the 2 RM4's. You will need another foot controller for the second RM4. Only problem I've experienced with chaining two RM4's together is using the effects loops. But I figured a way to rig it so the effects are present in both RM4's. I just ran a splitter between parallel loops and effects inputs and outputs so I connect to both RM4 loops. Works like a charm! Good luck Burkwieser.
    (2) Randall RM4 preamps, VHT 2502 Power amp, 2 2x12 Bogner cabs w/V30's and Lead 80's, '74 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, '89 Gibson Les Paul Cherryburst, '93 Stratocaster, and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

Cool!! Thanks Hawkman. The midi foot controller didn't work eh? I was hoping it would change both channels identically the same. Crap!! Oh well. I'll let you know what I come up with. Thanks again.
      Egnater M4 (2) Recto, Blackface, Plexi
      VHT 2502
      (2) Randal XLT 4X12
      (2) Jackson SL2H USA Soloist (SH-1n, TB-6b)
      Jackson SL1 (Classic Stack, Classic Stack, TB-6b)
      Keeley TS-9 Mod Plus & TS-9 Baked Mod
      http://www.robertkeeley.com
      Line 6 Echo Pro and Mod Pro
      Chandler Digital Echo Delay

Comment

you can set it up to change channels however you want. just depends on how you split them. could make it accept channel change info on a different channel than #1.

germ
        Jeremy Ledford
        Tone Guru Extroardinaire
        Tone Shop

Comment

Working...
        X