Ltd Ec400ats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ltd Ec400ats

Anyone have one? What is the story with these? Looks like the EC1000 but doesnt have the the flame/quilt top or the tonepros bridge and the ornate binding. Appears it still has Grover keys, earvana nut and Duncan or EMG pups..
    What does ATS stand for? I really want an EC1000 but the 400 ATS is alot less expensive. The ornamention isnt really worth an extra $300 to me..
    Thanks!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

I think you'll get their pickups and fancy trim, vs. Duncans and better looks. I've thought about that guitar for awhile and would get the low-end version and load it w/ Duncans. The construction is the same.

I really don't think it pays (for me, anyways) to go all out for a beautiful finish and frills. Sure, I love the looks of a PRS, Anderson, Melancon, but I can't afford 'em. Just gimme a guitar that feels good and sounds great. Looks are secondary.
    Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

The 300s were lp shaped but with a flat top... then they added the 300 ats to the line... ats means archtop solid... they were guitars made to be more along the lines of the les pauls... archtop, 22 frets and a little ticker body... now they've put 'em in the 400 which, as you said have earvana nuts, sperzel and all the works there are on your deluxe.... samething without the maple cap and abalone... great guitar for the price, as some find the deluxes to be over the top with the abalone... I tried one and must admit that I feel "at home" with my deluxe but that one felt really good, altho I wasn't as at ease as with my 1000... maybe if I would've played 10 more mintes...

Comment

Thanks Surgeon! Thats what I thought.. I love the EC1000 with all the frills, but I cant afford it. So If I can get the less ornate one for less money and still have the important features, Im all over it!
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Yeah you should The 400s weren't around when I bought the deluxe (I'm sorry about talking like you had one, your avatar lead me to think you were Xerxes...) and I was all for the features of the deluxe.... I really dig the 400ats, nice nice guitars for that price, with all the toppings of the deluxes... I like the maple figure on mine but could do without it... sometimes I wish that binding was only cream... still just love the thing, it plays and sound sooo nice....

Comment

i have an ec-1000, personally i think its worth it. the 400 is a little different body style. not much though. it is a great guitar for the money imo.

also, i didnt read surgeon's posts, but im suer he said everything that i would. lol
            esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
            fender mim standard strat
            peavey classic 30
            johnson j-station
            original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
            dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
            yamaha f-310p acoustic
            taylor 410 acoustic
            "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

You know I did

Comment

Thanks for the info and apology accepted! I can see how you would confuse us. ; )

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                X