Marshall JCM 800 Superlead 1959 100 watt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JCM 800 Superlead 1959 100 watt

I'm looking at buying one of these babies - how much would you expect to pay and is this a desirable member of the JCM 800 family or should I hold out for something better??

Re: Marshall JCM 800 Superlead 1959 100 watt

Can you link us to the spec's, pls?
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

i dont think that is JCM800 related........its just s 1959 super lead reissue...... unless im wrong and there is a real model of that ?
      http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
      >cord<
      1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by flank
        i dont think that is JCM800 related........its just s 1959 super lead reissue...... unless im wrong and there is a real model of that ?
        The 1959 model is in fact a 100 watt 4 input non-master volume Marshall head...This model was made as part of the JCM 800 series,though they aren't as plentiful as the 2203 or 2204 Master volume 800s...That head is worth probably $600 or better...Condition? Working head? Does it need filter caps,tubes etc? Tubes and caps will easily get you over $100 above the asking price...Is the amp noisey,buzzing,etc...???

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

This was the one I had my eye on http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

They reckon it's a 1986 model. Thought I was going to get a real bargain at first but 12 dumb-asses have bid on it already and jacked the price up even though there's nearly 3 days left on the auction - why do people do that???

Comment

I bet it sounds bad ass! Its only at 255. I think thats a great price. I wish I could catch that here in the states for the same price.
            Low wattage rocks!
            Bumbox Lead 1
            Orange Tiny Terror
            Vox 120VTH
            ----------------------
            Gibson LP Standard - SG Supreme
            Agile LP-2500 - Jackson JSX-94

Comment

That amp looks SWEET! You'll rockin' so long as it's in good shape (internally ... I've had many problems with my '800; they don't age gracefully)
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaganath
                I'm looking at buying one of these babies - how much would you expect to pay and is this a desirable member of the JCM 800 family or should I hold out for something better??
                heck out this place in the UK.. These are the real deal!

"So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I know this doesnt answer the guy's question, but I have never understood the point of having 4 inputs?
                  Fender Classic 60's Strat
                  Epi Les Paul - PG/SH-4
                  DSL50 w/Avatar 2x12 (V30/G12H30)
                  Vox V848 wah
                  Line 6 MM-4
                  Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer

Comment

Working...
                  X