12 String acoustic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 String acoustic

Ok so anybody have any recommendations for some good value 12 string acoustics, I wont buy anything thats made in Korea or indonesia or any other slave labour countries..

Cheers...
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Re: 12 String acoustic

No slave labour? Darn!

J/K Tacoma makes some nice stuff. I played a Japanese Alvarez 000 style 6 string that blew me away.

Martin and Gibson also make some nice stuff, but all I've seen from those two companies is over the $1500 mark.

If you change your mind on the whole Korea issue, Yamaha makes very nice guitars for the money. Check out their compass series.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Yeh gibson and martin are slightly out of my price range, i wont be buying one for a goood while tho because right now im eyeing up those edwards LP copies ..
      But Ive played good yamaha stuff and they really are high quality but the slave labour issue puts my straight off them..

Cheers
      Marshall JVM 410C
      Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

I'm not sure where Washburns are made, but my brother has a pretty sweet 12-string that he didn't pay a ton for.....I can ask what model it is if you'd like.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
        Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
        FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Guild!!! Guild is the only Company that builds 12 strings with the ability to tune to pitch without damaging the guitar. They have double truss rods in the neck. The tops are thicker than most other manufacturers, and are braced effectively to withstand the added string tension. They also happen to play great and sound great! I have played many other 12 string guitars but IMHO Guilds are Rock solid!
          "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by PUCKBOY99
            I'm not sure where Washburns are made, but my brother has a pretty sweet 12-string that he didn't pay a ton for.....I can ask what model it is if you'd like.
            Yeh that would be cool Thanks, And if i remember i seen an electric Washburn in a store recently that played quiet well, Cant remember what model though..
            Guilds eh?
            Ill look 'em up Thanks..
            Marshall JVM 410C
            Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Taylor's are AWESOME!!!

look for one used!!!
              Originally posted by jeremy
              God hates bad guitar tone
              GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
              AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
              EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
              Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

My dad has an Ibanez (no clue where those are made), that he picked up in a pawnshop, its an Artwood AW-75. It's not as full-bodied and powerfull as his martin D12-28, but it has a great high end brilliance that you don't expect from a cheap guitar.
                '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
                Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
                '66 Fender Bassman
                Fender Champion 600
                Fender Stage 100

Comment

Originally posted by jmv
                  My dad has an Ibanez (no clue where those are made), that he picked up in a pawnshop, its an Artwood AW-75. It's not as full-bodied and powerfull as his martin D12-28, but it has a great high end brilliance that you don't expect from a cheap guitar.
                  Yeh i was considering Ibanez there really good looing guitars but the lower ens ones are definitly made in Korea or somewhere like that im sure so no can do there..
                  Marshall JVM 410C
                  Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Originally posted by y2stevo
                    Yeh that would be cool Thanks, And if i remember i seen an electric Washburn in a store recently that played quiet well, Cant remember what model though..
                    Guilds eh?
                    Ill look 'em up Thanks..
                    I'll call him later this evening & ask which model it is....plays very nice & I know it wasn't a lot of money when he bought it (maybe 5-10 years old)....I would've recommended Guild also, but unless you stumble on a good deal, they're priced up there too. Check E-bay....VERRRRY NICE if you can find 'em!!!!

Comment

Not that I am trying to put you off 12 strings but do you really need one? Whilst they are alright for the occasional strum and filling out the sound they don't have much more than that. Most don't play well above the 7th fret (intonation is a big problem) and it can be a huge problem trying to tune up. My Ricky 12 string suffers from problems when I take it out, particularly in hot places - I need to take it out of the case and leave it for at least and hour for it to acclimatise and then it will play well. If not its a bugger to stay in tune. If you are not wanting to pay for one of the ones which are coming out from Korea then try and pick up either a Guild or even a Ricky - but they might just be a little expensive.
                      Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Bludave
                        Guild!!! Guild is the only Company that builds 12 strings with the ability to tune to pitch without damaging the guitar. They have double truss rods in the neck. The tops are thicker than most other manufacturers, and are braced effectively to withstand the added string tension. They also happen to play great and sound great! I have played many other 12 string guitars but IMHO Guilds are Rock solid!
                        That's not true. Ovations are routinely strung to pitch. I will grant you that Guilds are great sounding instruments, but I'm partial to Ovation. Totally flat frequency response. And they're reasonably priced, too.
                        www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

BTW, about the 'guilds are the only ones that hold pitch' comment....

I'm not counting for all guitars, but both the Ibanez and the Martin 12 string in my house reside in their cases for long periods at a time, strung to pitch, and they stay near to in tune (not quite perfect, but close enough you don't need to bother tuning them up). If guild has extra support in the neck, thats cool, cuz it will make it stronger, but excessive binding on the top is bad, because you won't get a good full sound. That being said though, i've never played a guild 12 string.
                          '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
                          Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
                          '66 Fender Bassman
                          Fender Champion 600
                          Fender Stage 100

Comment

Here ya' go Steve-o....this is the one that my brother has. VERY NICE...but like Norman said, he doesn't play it a whole lot aside from the occassional strum. I've borrowed it a few times just to mess around with & it is nice to play something different, but is it really worth the money?????

Anyway, check this out & maybe you could find a good used one:

Need to find something? Let the Woodwind & Brasswind site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

Comment

Fenders DG-16 12-string, don't know which country there made in but a cheap great guitar.
                              100% Bass player

Comment

Working...
                              X