banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So soon I'm going to need an AMP to replace my IbanezTB15.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So soon I'm going to need an AMP to replace my IbanezTB15.

Over here where I live, the best AMP they have is a really nice Fender AMP. I could get that, or anything below 300USD preferably. Maximum if I really need to I could pay 350USD. I've been looking either at the nice 50/65 Watt Fender I have in my shop (not MINE), aMarshall AVT recomended by my Teacher, or a Marshall MGDFX30/50. I can't buy used from the internet. Oh and by the way, I play Led Zeppelin, Maiden, Van Halen, ALOT of Metallica, and alot of OZZY/Sabbath, and Megadeth. The amp is going to come with the KH602 my new guitar (Or maybe I'm going to get a Gibson SG Standard instead), and a BOSS MT2 for my metal needs.
    So what I need you to do is the following:

*Help me choose an AMP that I listed or recommend me one under 300$.
    *Help me choose between the KH602 and the Gibson SG. I need something that will suit the sound for the bands that I listed above.
    *And tell me if the BOSS MT2 Metal Zone will suit the sound for the bands I listed above.
    THanks for your time, and by the way how much does an EMG 60 cost? If I get a KH602 I might replace one of the 81 for and 85/65/60. Which one should I replace it for and should I? I mostly a lead guy, but when I sometimes play rythm I like a Hetfield like sound. Thanks again.

Re: So soon I'm going to need an AMP to replace my IbanezTB15.

Bump......

Comment

Originally posted by GuyKawka
      Over here where I live, the best AMP they have is a really nice Fender AMP. I could get that, or anything below 300USD preferably. Maximum if I really need to I could pay 350USD. I've been looking either at the nice 50/65 Watt Fender I have in my shop (not MINE), aMarshall AVT recomended by my Teacher, or a Marshall MGDFX30/50. I can't buy used from the internet. Oh and by the way, I play Led Zeppelin, Maiden, Van Halen, ALOT of Metallica, and alot of OZZY/Sabbath, and Megadeth. The amp is going to come with the KH602 my new guitar (Or maybe I'm going to get a Gibson SG Standard instead), and a BOSS MT2 for my metal needs.
      So what I need you to do is the following:

*Help me choose an AMP that I listed or recommend me one under 300$.
      *Help me choose between the KH602 and the Gibson SG. I need something that will suit the sound for the bands that I listed above.
      *And tell me if the BOSS MT2 Metal Zone will suit the sound for the bands I listed above.
      THanks for your time, and by the way how much does an EMG 60 cost? If I get a KH602 I might replace one of the 81 for and 85/65/60. Which one should I replace it for and should I? I mostly a lead guy, but when I sometimes play rythm I like a Hetfield like sound. Thanks again.
      Well by the amps you listed there i'd recommend the AVT series, There Definitly better than the MG series IMO but Honestly if you want Very Good tone id save up and mabye get a Marshall DSL 50 because they Blow The Avt's out of the water hands down..That saidthe AVt's arent thats bad but your not gonna get any exceptional tones out of it..
      As for Guitars i'd say the KH602 would suit what your looking for much better than an sg..Also unless your getting a higher end amp than the AVT i wouldn't recommend changing those pickups IMO as i and most other people would believe that the mostpart of good tone comes from the amp so id say if your going with teh AVT stick with The 81/81 set for now..

Hope this helped and others with more experience will be along soon

And welcome to the Forum..
      Marshall JVM 410C
      Mesa Boogie DC-3
      ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
      1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
      2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
      2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
      1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
      2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
      1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

You might want to look into Laney amps, as well ... Very good stuff, often overlooked, and available at nice prices.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

not meaning any offence by this but in the three years i've played i've figured your better off spending more money on your amp than your guitar.

now i wish someone would have told me that before! maybe i'd have a marshall stack and not 2 ibanez's and a line 6 :P

out of what you've saids available the AVT is probably the best there
          My clips

Originally posted by Rid
          How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Ya but you know, the tone not only comes from the amp....I mean if I'm going to get a nice amp then it won't leave me too much money for a guitar...so think about it...like a Marshall half stack (I'm a bit exagurating) and a cheap to middle range guitar...lol I don't think that will give me the sound I'm looking for...Or should I leave the amps alone and save up from 300?

Comment

Originally posted by GuyKawka
              Ya but you know, the tone not only comes from the amp....I mean if I'm going to get a nice amp then it won't leave me too much money for a guitar...so think about it...like a Marshall half stack (I'm a bit exagurating) and a cheap to middle range guitar...lol I don't think that will give me the sound I'm looking for...Or should I leave the amps alone and save up from 300?
              Awesome Guitar + Iffy Amp = Crap Tone
              Cheap-Midrange Guitar + Good Amp = Good Tone

I'd spend less on the guitar and more on the amp if i were you

Comment

Ya but I think I'm still sticking to the KH602 and a decent amp...

Comment

hey we're not forcing our opinion down your throat man

try the kh602 through a marshall mg, then try a cheaper esp through a DSL. see what you think
                  My clips

Originally posted by Rid
                  How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Originally posted by nuntius
                    hey we're not forcing our opinion down your throat man

try the kh602 through a marshall mg, then try a cheaper esp through a DSL. see what you think
                    Yep thats the best thing to do..Although if you'r doing this in a shop chances are that the MG will sound better to you because the DSL does need to be cranked quiet a bit to sound as good as it does..Or any tube amp for that matter...
                    Also i had the opposite experience of nuntius, i got a great amp first (DSL50) then i got a great guitar (wolfgang) and if i play my first guitar i ever got (cheap aria strat copy) through my DSL 50 it sounds 10 times etter than if i play my Wolfgang through my friends mg100...

But you can test that theory yourself..
                    Marshall JVM 410C
                    Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Lol yeah but the point here is that my shop has to order the amp and the guitar specifically for me, since they don't have KH602's and Marshalls....So I can't try it...and also I'm thinking about saving for a Marshall DSL 401ish...so I don't know...

Comment

I would say look for a cheap used Fender Princeton 112 plus or something, and run a Distortion pedal through it. I did that for a while, the good thing about that, is that its 65 watts, cheap as hell, and has a good clean tone for running pedals. You can easily play with a band with one of those, maybe not overpower them, but its definitely a cheap solution to get you jamming live.
                        Heavy Metal is a 73 tonne Main Battle Tank :headbang:

B.C. Rich USA ST-III w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Neck/Middle, Duncan Custom Bridge. :firedevil

Comment

Ya but the thing is I heard that they werent that good and I don't jam live(or at all) I play by myself. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer
                            I would say look for a cheap used Fender Princeton 112 plus or something, and run a Distortion pedal through it. I did that for a while, the good thing about that, is that its 65 watts, cheap as hell, and has a good clean tone for running pedals. You can easily play with a band with one of those, maybe not overpower them, but its definitely a cheap solution to get you jamming live.
                            I dont really think that's the best solution at all..Your much better off actually geting what you want instead of some cheaper less satisfiying product that you will only end up selling and making a loss, meaning it will take you even longer to get what you actually want, So whatever gear your going for dont make comprimises and get what you want..
                            Marshall JVM 410C
                            Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Ya you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X