How long do your picks last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do your picks last?

I'm recently getting annoyed, my picks are lasting about a week or 2 to the point where theyre well worn, enough to find using a new pick much easier. Just wondering how long everybody else finds their picks' last. Btw I use Jim Dunlop Tortex .88
    Last edited by Mr Wolf; 03-23-2004, 11:27 AM.

No Idea, I lose them before they wear out

Probably because I buy my Dunlop Tortex 1.14s by the gross, never lost them before that
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Had this dunlop stubby for about a year! Surprised I haven't lost it really...

Hmm, you seem to really get through them. I don't think it's that unusual; I've read a number of times in the forum that people need to change their picks often. Probably a good idea too - if it gets a crack mid-set and one of your strings get's caught, it can be a little embarrassing.
      Gibson Les Paul w/ Seths. Strung with EB 12's
      Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI
      Arbiter Fuzz Face, Fulltone Fatboost, Crybaby, Voce Spin II

Comment

well I use mine for 2-3 weeks & then ditch it, mine are tortex .88's & .60s, obviously the .88s last a little longer
        Fender Classic 60's Strat
        Epi Les Paul - PG/SH-4
        DSL50 w/Avatar 2x12 (V30/G12H30)
        Vox V848 wah
        Line 6 MM-4
        Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
          No Idea, I lose them before they wear out

Probably because I buy my Dunlop Tortex 1.14s by the gross, never lost them before that
          ROFL!!! i lose em fast too!!! i don't know how it happens!?!?!
          Originally posted by jeremy
          God hates bad guitar tone
          GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
          AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
          EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
          Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

i am in the same boat with Zerberus i usually lose mine before they are warn out past a useable state. i use 44R Nylon Standard jim dunlops.. the black 1mm. i love the little grips they have on them after a couple hours of giggin my hands can get sweaty and i can start droppin picks but i don't have that problem with these.

btw- mr wolf or anybody else that has the boss ge-7... does it make a big difference for you? did you have a really bad sound before or did you think it sounded good then you got that pedal and really got what you were after? i was thinking about adding one to my arsenal but wasn't sure if it would be worth it.
            Last edited by Chi3f; 03-23-2004, 12:04 PM.
            boreddddddddddd

Comment

Originally posted by Chi3f
              btw- mr wolf or anybody else that has the boss ge-7... does it make a big difference for you? did you have a really bad sound before or did you think it sounded good then you got that pedal and really got what you were after? i was thinking about adding one to my arsenal but wasn't sure if it would be worth it.
              I use the GE-7 in my effects loop as a lead boost. It allows me to boost my mids and volumes etc and give lil tweaks to my lead sound. Works very well for that. Otherwise i have it turned off for rhythm use and i use the amp EQ settings. If you are gonna use it generally, an advantage is you having more bands to play about with instead of the usual 'Bass' 'Mid' and 'Treble'on most amps. It gives you that etra flxibil if its what you need.

Comment

orange tortex approx 2 weeks use....

Comment

Since I switched to Dunlop Ultex I dunno, I haven't worn any out yet. They seem to be almost indestructable.

Comment

Jim Dunlop Gel XH. They seem to last forever:

http://www.jimdunlop.com/products/picks/products/gels/index.html

I use the yellow extra-heavy ones.
                    This machine kills fascists

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium
                      Since I switched to Dunlop Ultex I dunno, I haven't worn any out yet. They seem to be almost indestructable.
                      yeah those are pretty tough. i use those (1.14 mm) and fender heavys (1mm). i go through the fenders in usually 2 weeks, sometimes one depending on how much i play.

the ultex last me about 3 months, so they are a pretty good value
                      woooooo

Comment

Lol, I loose em too before they get worn out. I use 1.14 gator grips so I think the can last quite some time.

The shortest living pick I had was a Paul Gilbert signature model, I liked it a lot but after 1 hour of playing my strings just completly ate the pick leaving pickdust all over the guitar.
                        Don't ever do pickslides with celluloid picks!

Comment

I use Guitar Research picks, and they last far longer than 2 months, but I don't play punk or metal or anything like that which requiers super fast strumming of powerchords.

Comment

I use brass TECKPICK picks by Dunlop....These last for ever....Althought the metal pick may not be for everyone...
                            _

Comment

I use currently .60 tortex pciks they last for a maybe a good 2-3 weeks, after that when it gets idna dull they dont play as well, and ocne the turle fades its done!
                              Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

Working...
                              X