No announcement yet.

How long do your picks last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the gator 1.14mm - they seem to last a month or two.

Sometimes I need to sharpen them by sliding them across carpet - gets the point back again and makes them last longer.

Works well.

Comment

Tortex 0.88 user here and they usually last 2 weeks for me. Did you ever notice they make your sound thinner when holding with picture side facing floor? Try it!
      57 VOS Les Paul Goldtop
      62 Thin Skin Stratocaster
      Mesa Boogie Lone Star 212
      Baby Taylor
      sigpic

Comment

I have no idea. I have tons of them laying around and I just pick up one that's close to me.

Comment

dunlop 1.14s lasted 2 week with me but now i use dunlop Jazz IIIs which seem to last forever
          My clips

Originally posted by Rid
          How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Originally posted by Chi3f
            btw- mr wolf or anybody else that has the boss ge-7... does it make a big difference for you? did you have a really bad sound before or did you think it sounded good then you got that pedal and really got what you were after? i was thinking about adding one to my arsenal but wasn't sure if it would be worth it.
            yes, big difference. i use one in my chain and its on for all the rhythmn parts at a little bit comressed volume and then turn it off for the solo boost. the way that is working for me is that i have a slight scoop on the GE-7 and then boost mids on the amp so it so great for the rythmn and i can turn it off for the mid boost for the solo

as for picks, ive tried the dunlop tortex picks. something about them i didn't like too much, i guess ive become used to the fender mediums (which i use) but given the situation i really dont care what pick im using unless its extra heavy, i cant stand those for guitar (good for bass though)

Comment

I use Dava control picks - they seem to wear just to the side of the tip in about 4-5 weeks for me.

But then I flip it over and play the other side.

Comment

Fender Premium Celluloid, Heavy.
                Life expectancy is about 3 hrs.
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I'm intrigued by these Ultex picks. What are the main differences between them and Tortex? I wonder about trying something new.

Comment

Working...
                  X