banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delays: Analog vs Digital, what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like hybrid delays, there you get it all, long times and good tones.

Comment

Originally posted by rspst14
      Analog is great if you don't need an extremely long delay time. I have a Maxon AD-900 that I picked up on Ebay a while back at a great price. Analog delay is more natural sounding than most digital pedals. Some of the digital stuff is decent, but a lot of it sounds to computerized to me. But unless you want to spend in excess of $200, you won't be able to find an analog delay with a maximum delay time greater than 300 ms.

Ryan
      You should check out the Roland DC30 echo. It's analog and bucket brigate chips that can cover up to 1.2 seconds. I've owned two or three over the years and for the money you cant beat them for pure analog. Its a small box (about half the size of a Space Echo) that's laid out much like the Space Echo controls and features. You can find them for WELL UNDER $200 on Ebay. In fact, the one I still own, I picked up for $55 on Ebay. They are a real find. If you spot one, it's worth checking out for the few bucks the're going for.
      (2) Randall RM4 preamps, VHT 2502 Power amp, 2 2x12 Bogner cabs w/V30's and Lead 80's, '74 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, '89 Gibson Les Paul Cherryburst, '93 Stratocaster, and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

why do artists mostly uses those TC. ELECTRONIC stuffs,
        but not BOSS DD's ? besides that i know that gilbert and satriani uses DD's :/
        Fender Strat Special (SH-1n, SSL-1, TB-4)
        Danelectro Fab-tone
        Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
        Digitech Whammy 2
        MXR M-101 PHASE 90
        Dunlop GCB-95 Original Cry Baby Wah

Comment

The BOSS DD-5 is one of the coolest delay pedals ever made. I use it with my Acoustic Rig to get the Tim Reynolds vibe. It is anything but vintage - nonetheless, it is very cool.

I've not played the DD-6, but it sounds pretty neat if it has built in Tap Tempo.
          Guitars: 2006 Custom Order VOS '59 Reissue w/ MJ 'Duane PAFs'; 2002 '58 Reissue w/ RS Fralin Neck and Timbucker Bridge; 1989 Clapton Strat with Chubtone '63's; 1994 Tom Dodson Custom Strat with 14 year-old Hot Rails, and Classic Stack; 1991 Tele Plus Deluxe w/ Tremelo and Dually Red-Lace Sensors

Duncan Strat Pickups I've Tried: Hot Rails, 5/2's, Classic Stack, Antiquity I's & AII's, PGn and PGb, '59n and '59b, Standard Custom, Sreamin Deamon, various Antiquities & MJ Custom PAFs.

Comment

All good suggestions. Thanks
            Originally posted by Scott_F
            On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
              I really like hybrid delays, there you get it all, long times and good tones.
              I'm not sure what you are talking about, could you give me an example?

Comment

Id recommend you check out the line6 green delay and reverb modeller. Its a whole heap in one and excellent quality and versatility. A lot of pro's ive been reading up on seem to be using these in their setups. eg. Metallica and The Darkness...just to name a couple.
                My Soundclick page.

Comment

I'd like to get one of those Line6's. However, not cheep!
                  Originally posted by Scott_F
                  On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Ok proxy, not a full dsp digitaldelay, only use one or several digitalchips, usually 8bit stuff so no hifisounds there, it is just a BBD that has been replaced with a digital chip, all the rest is analouge, Princeton makes some very very good sounding chips for delay or surroundsound that can be used.
                    Most of my delaysounds comes from a hybrid, the goods is that they can take a serious input unlike the BBD that will crackle and sound just as bad as a lousy digitalchip, if it has to take that kind of input.
                    And it can sound as lofi as an analouge BBD, with weird little noises too, I better make a clip soon using a Delayla and a hybrid.

Comment

Re: Delays: Analog vs Digital, what do you think?

Analog baby!

Comment

Re: Delays: Analog vs Digital, what do you think?

I'm suprised to see no one has mentioned the Ibanez DE-7! I like both digital and analog.

Comment

Working...
                        X