Need pot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need pot.

I've got a 100k potentiometer in my volume pedal that controls the "minimum volume" knob. I'm wondering what the effect of putting a smaller/larger valued pot in its place would do. Who knows?Say it! SAY IT!!!

homage to Sam Kinison.
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

******, what a load of false advertising that was

Comment

Re: Need pot.

Originally posted by korovamilkdud
      I've got a 100k potentiometer in my volume pedal that controls the "minimum volume" knob. I'm wondering what the effect of putting a smaller/larger valued pot in its place would do.
      A smaller pot would give you more minimum volume. A larger pot will give you less minimum volume. So, a smaller pot will increase your ability to go lower in volume, while a larger pot will decrease your ability to have a lower minimum . . . er, a larger increase in . . . a smaller lower maximum volume than . . .

. . . ****, just pass the pot.

Comment

Tch, i was all ready to make a deal...hahaha
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

If you change the value of that pot lower then the volume pedal may not work correctly, as most of the volume pedal arrangements use it like a shunt, which brand model do you have as i have two of mine traced and may be able to give you a concrete answer (it's a simple circuit, but i don't remember off hand how's it's hooked up at the moment ). Generally the main pot's value is selected to give you the response you want (like high or low impedance), and the minimum volume's pot is selected to enable a full mute all the way up to no effect (volume at 10 ) ... generally it has no effect tonally ... it's simply that the math must balance out ... so to speak ... for it to work correctly.
          ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
          ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
          Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

And if someone could set me up with some chiba I'd appreciate it.

I have a Morley Pro Volume. The range on it is actually pretty ridiculous. Turning the minmum knob down past halfway and you've already pretty much got yourself a mute. I was wondering if there was a way to cut that range and, ideally, be able to set it so that with the min. cranked you could get about a 10db boost/cut (it's less stock).

I know it's not the most respected volume pedal in the world, but it generally gets the job done. Just looking to make a good thing better.
            Last edited by korovamilkdud; 03-23-2004, 05:44 PM.
            Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
            Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
            Originally posted by Sosomething
            "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Working...
            X