banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Guitar Center Trying to Tell Me Something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Guitar Center Trying to Tell Me Something?

Today I received a postcard from Guitar Center. It is an offer for a free gift with my next purchase of $15.00 or more. I can get either a guitar cable, a midi cable, a pair of drum sticks, or a set of guitar strings.

Did anyone else get one of these?

I have no idea what the occasion is. There's nothing advertising a specific sale or anything. Also, it's not like I purchased $10,000 worth of gear from them recently or anything. In the last month, I've been there maybe three times and purchased $50.00 of gear, and I ended up returning $30.00 of it.

Of course, I'm not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth; I'm grateful for the gift, it's just I don't know what I did to deserve an offer like this from Guitar Center totally unsolicited. I don't think it's bulk mail, either, as my address was hand written on it. There was also a short thank you note from a salesperson there, but it's not like I have a personal relationship with that salesperson or anything. I just bought something from her once. Do you think the sales girl has a crush on me or something? That would be cool, because it would be an ego booster, but I doubt it.

Just thinking out loud. I'm amazed that Guitar Center did something like this.

The salesperson you last bought from is not hitting his sales goal for the month and is not on clip to make commission for the month. The store is probably not hitting goal either, so they are enticing you to go in and spend money. Wait a week or so and go in (closer to the end of the month). Because the sales at that store are probably slow, you will probably be able to push for a better deal on something you really want.

Do not let him give you some BS about giving you a free cable. They will probably take a smaller profit off of the piece than walk you. Ride them hard for the price you want. Think of shopping at Guitar Center like shopping for a used car.

What ever you do, never pay sticker price at Guitar Center, they will always go below that.

*Just a little friendly advice from a jilted former employee*
    Last edited by big_black; 03-23-2004, 04:43 PM.

Comment

ive gotten a few of those postcards myself
      PRS Singlecuts
      Epiphone Sheraton II
      Vintage acoustics

Comment

Originally posted by big_black

What ever you do, never pay sticker price at Guitar Center, they will always go below that.
        I've been amazed by the deals I get at Guitar Center. I don't even need to haggle: the guys always seem to chop something off the price and throw an extra trinket/warrenty in with it for free.

Sure beats ordering online: I can basically drive 10 miles and get it for cheaper the same day!
        This machine kills fascists

Comment

Originally posted by big_black

Except for Mesa/Boogie or Monster Cable... and except for people like me who tell you to buzz of when you ask for a deal on stuff under $50. :6:

The card is a follow-up device used by GC salesmen. to get you to come into the store and buy more crap. Need I say more?

The cable they make us hand out is a POS. Get the strings, you'll get better use out of the card,

Jilted former employee? May I ask why?

Comment

Working...
          X