My Triamp's died! (well, partly...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Triamp's died! (well, partly...)

For some reason amp 1 A & B on my H&K Triamp Mk1 have stopped working properly. I can select channels 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B without any trouble, but when i select 1A or 1B no sound is audible.

I have tried changing all the pre-amp tubes and power tubes, but this has not solved the problem, and it is not a problem with the stageboard as i experience the same problem selecting on the front of the amp.

Does anyone have any experience with the Triamp, or this specific problem? Hope someone can help - i rely on the clean sounds from my Triamp!

Chris

Re: My Triamp's died! (well, partly...)

Checked the fuses? they can be a problem.. Check all fuses in your amp, including internal fuses...

Comment

Ditto. The nice thing about the original Mk I Triamp is the easy access to the fuses. Odds are you blew one.

Trust me, these amps are built like a brick and reliable... odds are it isn't serious.
      Originally posted by kevlar3000
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
      Originally posted by Zerberus
      Better is often the enemy of good
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Cheers guys.

The dude I emailed at Hughes & Kettner said this: "If you have change all the valves and there is still no sound, there could be a broken Optocoupler/Transistor/Resistor or Tube Socket. Also you have to check if the switching relay for the channel is working."

I'll try the fuses first, and then if i've still got the same problem i'll take it to a tech to have a look at it.

When you say fuses, which ones do you mean? From the back of the amp, i can see access to the mains fuse, and the individual fuses for each power tube.

Chris

Comment

Working...
        X