Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOOUCH!! (major ding pictures...)

Ooouch!

When I received my Edwards (see other thread!), it was IMO badly packed (1 box, and tiny bubblewrap) and this big ding occured... aah.... heartbreaking....

I'm discussing with the seller at the moment, and I must say, he's not the greatest collaborator "I dont think my packing was the problem. Call your post office and claim insurance to them"... I'm getting angry now, good luck for him he's located in Japan
    Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Re: OOOUCH!! (major ding pictures...)

ohhhhh nooooooo!!!!

that's heartbreaking man!!!
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

bah it still works.

nobody can see it and you got a good guitar for 500 dollars, its just a battle scar
      My clips

Originally posted by Rid
      How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Yes, heartbreaking, considering it had no other flaws/dings. But, it's on the back/bottom side, so... it can be refinished easily.
        Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

if everything else is straight...at that price...get it fixed and keep ROCKIN!!!
          Originally posted by jeremy
          God hates bad guitar tone
          GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
          AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
          EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
          Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Unexpected dings are always a bummer ... I was heartbroken when I dented my M1 the first time. But, think of it this way: after a few gigs, every guitar has some kinda dent/scratch/ding/etc.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
              Unexpected dings are always a bummer ... I was heartbroken when I dented my M1 the first time. But, think of it this way: after a few gigs, every guitar has some kinda dent/scratch/ding/etc.
              And another way you could look at it is you only had to spend $350..

had it been a $2000+ guitar id definitly be heartbroken!!
              Marshall JVM 410C
              Mesa Boogie DC-3
              ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
              1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
              2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
              2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
              1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
              2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
              1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

That's an evil ding, the seller should have packed it better but to be fair the post office can be complete b@stards sometimes - I've had packages that have turned up held together with packing tape or in a Royal Mail baggy because they've managed to beat the crap out of it in transit anfd it's fallen to pieces.

I was really pissed after I got my new Ibanez and realised too late that the buckle on my watch had scratched the hell out of the gloss black finish - sh!t happens though - can't expect them to stay perfect if you'r playing them.

Hopefully a repair won't cost you too much.

Comment

i say leave it like it is ... as one poster put it, it's a battle scar. it adds character.
                  -Greg

Guitars:
                  2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                  2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                  2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                  Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

You may have a case against the seller but it looks as though he is passing the buck. My only comment is how much did you pay for postage and packaging and would you have any claim against whoever shipped it to you. It has been my experience that everyone will blame someone else but no-one will take responsibility. Perhaps you could leave some negative feedback or learn from the experience and never buy again from the seller. Unless he is willing to send you another one or can prove that the one he sent you was in good condition.

I think that being that you got the guitar so cheap then you don't need to worry about it too much and does it affect the playability? I don't think it would so swallow it and just don't worry about it to much and put it down to a battle scar - even think of a good story to tell your friends or anyone you want to sell the guitar to.
                    Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
                      I think that being that you got the guitar so cheap then you don't need to worry about it too much and does it affect the playability? I don't think it would so swallow it and just don't worry about it to much and put it down to a battle scar - even think of a good story to tell your friends or anyone you want to sell the guitar to.
                      Yes Norman, I dont worry too much about it, considering the excellent overall condition and playability and tone. But it worth trying !! I still dunno if I'll have it repaired or not, as the other flakes will felt over time...

Comment

Originally posted by Thames
                        Yes Norman, I dont worry too much about it, considering the excellent overall condition and playability and tone. But it worth trying !! I still dunno if I'll have it repaired or not, as the other flakes will felt over time...
                        If you are worried about it and as a short term fix you can get some of this clear stuff (tape?) which you could stick over the ding that way any wear will be held by the tape and so avoid the flakes falling out over time. I am not sure what the tape is (but its not cellotape) but its quite transparent and virtually undetectable. To have it re-finished by someone is probably going to cost quite a lot but you may want to consider at some point in the future.
                        Normans Guitars

Comment

I usually dent mine right away to avoid any babying later on
                          My Bands -
                          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Man, just like with my squire. It was all pretty and sh*t, I babied it and everything. Then I was at a gig and I was just pounding on it, and somehow I chipped and scratched it pretty good. It still looks pretty, but kinda like pretty got ran over. LOL
                            This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage
                              I usually dent mine right away to avoid any babying later on
                              that happens to me by default it seems.

squier strat - day 2. droppped it, huge chunk outa the bottom.

gordon smith - day 4, i accidentally dropped my phone charger on it, and it dented the back of it.

ah well, life goes on
                              My clips

Originally posted by Rid
                              How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Working...
                              X