banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Line 6 Stompbox modeler pedal users, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Stompbox modeler pedal users, help!

Okay, so I got the line 6 mm4 yesterday, and its awesome, sounds so good, and so many options. But I've run into a problem.

So you can program your favorite programs into each of the buttons, but what happens when you want to switch on an effect during the middle of the song, like a phaser for the verse or something, but its not one of your four saved ones? Since every button has an assigned model by default, you cant just step on the box & bring what you've got it set to on. So do you just have to set the memory to whatever you want to use in the middle of a song?
    Fender Classic 60's Strat
    Epi Les Paul - PG/SH-4
    DSL50 w/Avatar 2x12 (V30/G12H30)
    Vox V848 wah
    Line 6 MM-4
    Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer

yeah, thats about it. You have 4 presets, just save it as one of those. Having an expression pedal helps, because then you can, for instance, glide between speeds of a phaser.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeah, you've got all those effects, but in a live situation,
      you can only use 4. If you have a setlist of tons of songs, that can be a problem. You just have to choose the 4 you'll probably use the most. Even worse on the delay...you only have 3, and the 4TH acts as a tap tempo. I wish the modulation modeler
      had a tap tempo sometimes, because I'd like to get tremolos in real time, live. On my board, I have a loop box that has the two line 6 pedals on it. That way, I can setup combinations on the two, then click them in or out with one button on the loopbox.
      The left button on the loop box sends my signal to a silent tuner.
      The right button brings the Line 6's in or out.

Last edited by Gearjoneser; 03-24-2004, 02:58 AM.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Yeah just think of it as four separate stomp boxes.
        ]
        FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Okay, so I'm having a hard time getting the univibe sound I want . . . it sounds more like vibrato and less like chorus to my ears, it kinda has too much 'thump" in it. I want a watery, chorus-like univibe. Like, if you can, the univibe sound Mike McCready gets on the Live At the Garden DVD is close to what I want. You guys got any settings you would share for that? or just any good univibe settings?
          Fender Classic 60's Strat
          Epi Les Paul - PG/SH-4
          DSL50 w/Avatar 2x12 (V30/G12H30)
          Vox V848 wah
          Line 6 MM-4
          Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer

Comment

Working...
          X