Got me a POD 2.0 2nd hand!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got me a POD 2.0 2nd hand!!!

Went around guitar shops looking around trying things out, played an ESP LTD EC1000 deluxe, a korean made Peavey Wolfgang QT and my other guitarist played an RG. I was looking around for something to get me through uni and i tried a Behringer V-Amp2. Was not bad, sounds were usable, came with gig bag, footswitch adapter etc. All seemed ok. Then in another shop they had a 2nd hand POD 2.0. Gave it a whirl and it was very impressive. Seemed alot sturdier than the V-amp and it was made of metal. The POD was going for the same amount as the V-amp so i snapped it up.

Now ive played it at home and i have been loving it. Extremely good tones for a modelling unit. Of course it does not beat a cranked tube amp, but i would use it live and the tones are good. A bit of tweaking and there are some good tones. Considering its this not too small kidney shaped thing that i got for £100, its awesome!

Re: Got me a POD 2.0 2nd hand!!!

POD's are great for recording too, glad you liked it
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Good for you! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I LOVE MY POD!
      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
      https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Hmm ok still having fun with this thing, blastin out into my empty house. I cant figure out how to save settings. For some reason i cant download the manual off the line6 site and find out. I've tried going on a bank and then twiddling in settings so the 'edited' led comes on. ive pressed 'save' and it flashes for a bit then stops. i then find out the setting wasnt saved!

HOW DO YOU SAVE!!! I bet its really easy aswell

Comment

it is

press save then the channel you want to then save again. i think ;/

or i think you can just hold down the button... wait no thats manual mode

crap.

shows how long i've had my settings
          My clips

Originally posted by Rid
          How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

gonna try right now!

Comment

AHA! I believe i have managed! I had the pod in manual mode, i set the settings, then pressed save and assigned it a space then pressed save again. to tweak settings i sweaked then pressed save twice. Is there anything else i should be aware of? ok am off to rock some more!

Comment

If you need 'em, I've got about 500+ patches on my site for the POD 2.0. You'll need the software which is free to load them up via MIDI. Line 6 Edit is the current tool that seems to be the best and it is a free download from Line 6. The old eMagic Soundiver program was cludgy and is not supported anymore. Patchwizard is another alternative that is real good. I have links to all on my site. And the patches are on the PATCHES page. Just search the database for Product=POD2. Check out the FORUM area too! We've got quite a few Brits on there.
                Institute Of Noise Music Productions
                http://www.instituteofnoise.com

Director of US Sales & Operations
                Bogner Amplification
                http://www.bogneramplification.com

Comment

Originally posted by InstituteOfNoise
                  If you need 'em, I've got about 500+ patches on my site for the POD 2.0. You'll need the software which is free to load them up via MIDI. Line 6 Edit is the current tool that seems to be the best and it is a free download from Line 6. The old eMagic Soundiver program was cludgy and is not supported anymore. Patchwizard is another alternative that is real good. I have links to all on my site. And the patches are on the PATCHES page. Just search the database for Product=POD2. Check out the FORUM area too! We've got quite a few Brits on there.
                  Ive looked on that customtone.com that is linked to the line6 site. All the settings appear to be for download only. My computer is awful and things like that are out of the question. Is there a place where the settings would be written down ("bass=5 mids-7..."etc) so i can just dial them in. Im gonna check out your site anyways. Getting the POD seems to have unlocked a whole new world!!!

Comment

Actually if your on the customtone.com page, you'll see me and my link to the monthly ToneZone articles I do for them. That link goes right to my site. With teh POD 2 you really need to "Deep Edit" to get down to business. You don't need a fast computer, just MIDI capability, usually via your soundcard.

I don't think there is a lot of POD 2 stuff on customtone. Line 6 actually has asked me to integrate my patch database into Custom tone.com eventually. I can't tell you how many 10's of 1000's of downloads I've had of my stuff. It still boggles me!
                    Institute Of Noise Music Productions
                    http://www.instituteofnoise.com

Director of US Sales & Operations
                    Bogner Amplification
                    http://www.bogneramplification.com

Comment

Gr8 Mr Wolf, b4 i bought the korg offa u i was looking for a pod 2.0 second hadn, but i couldnt find one less than £140, and believed that was too much 2 pay. Gr8 to hear. It might be my guitar teachers old one, he changed to an xt few weeks back, lives in sevenoaks!
                      Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
                      Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
                      Korg AX1500G multi-fx
                      RAT
                      Boss PH-1r
                      Ibanez cf-7
                      Ibanwz ts-7
                      Danelectro tremolo
                      Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

Working...
                      X