No announcement yet.

Tried Out Ribbon Wound Strings Today..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried Out Ribbon Wound Strings Today..

man and i do like them

i bought jazz guage chromes (they didnt have lighter guages at samash enless iw anted to pay more)

i like the feel its not as straining on my fingers and the sound is awsome too

i stringed em up on my sg and they were awsome and really dark sounding which is good cause my sg is my metal guitar.
    and then being bored i wondered how it would sound if i wrapped em around the tailpiece like zack wylde does and wow!
    its the darkest thing ive ever heard come out of my sg
    ..i think one of the reasons is cause i had to raise the bridge up and the pickups are too low taking away the brightness....
    but i love the sound
    so ill keep it like it

sorry for the sorta meaningless post but i needed to release the joy ive gotten outta my string quest today
    lol.
    Guitars : 1977 Gibson SG
    Strat Clone with JB/hotrails combo and warmoth electronics/pickguard

Amps: Randall RH200SC into a Stereo Behringer 4x12
    and a Marshall Avt20

Re: Tried Out Ribbon Wound Strings Today..

I remember looking for these a while back, and couldn't seem to locate any... where'd you get em?

Comment

Sam Ash
      their called daddario chromes
      i got em for like 8 bucks
      they also had gibson flatwounds but they were like 13 bucks (im too cheap for that)
      Guitars : 1977 Gibson SG
      Strat Clone with JB/hotrails combo and warmoth electronics/pickguard

Amps: Randall RH200SC into a Stereo Behringer 4x12
      and a Marshall Avt20

Comment

Yea i uses flatwounds exclusively and absolutly love them. They only come in higher guages but are amazing to my ears. Very warm, and not a present as round wounds, well certainly tame a bright guitar or make a guitar into an unholy devil or a guit.
        Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Comment

I do like those flatwounds, but the only ones I found over here where about $30AU a set... I'm too cheap for that..

just thinking... Flatwound, Invader,...

Comment

Working...
          X