Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klon Centaur?

Hope you guys can help.
    Does anyone have any clips of their guitar with and without a Klon Centaur so I can hear the difference?
    Thanks.
    I'll give you everything but my guitar and my car

Re: Klon Centaur?

Are you refering to the overdirve pedal? If so, I wish I had a Centaur!! I was at a guitar show (5 Towns) years ago, and they had a table set up. At that time, I didn't know anything about boutique pedals, and I didn't get one ... and now I'm kicking myself over it!!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Don't have any clips, but can tell you that the Klon is transparent and very good at adding volume and a little bit more gain to your signal. Great for solos.

It does not do distortion - it is merely a very nice clean boost that has the ability to push your pre-amp tube a bit harder for some more overdrive.

I use it with my SLO-100 for soloing. It works very well since it doesn't color the signal.
      Guitars: 2006 Custom Order VOS '59 Reissue w/ MJ 'Duane PAFs'; 2002 '58 Reissue w/ RS Fralin Neck and Timbucker Bridge; 1989 Clapton Strat with Chubtone '63's; 1994 Tom Dodson Custom Strat with 14 year-old Hot Rails, and Classic Stack; 1991 Tele Plus Deluxe w/ Tremelo and Dually Red-Lace Sensors

Duncan Strat Pickups I've Tried: Hot Rails, 5/2's, Classic Stack, Antiquity I's & AII's, PGn and PGb, '59n and '59b, Standard Custom, Sreamin Deamon, various Antiquities & MJ Custom PAFs.

Comment

Lee, how much did the Klon run you, if I may ask? And where in NYC are you??
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Hi Lee - I know you're a big Warren fan and to be honest Warren is the reason I want to check out the Klon. I currently use a Marshall 2100 SL-X which is a high gain valve head. It sounds great as it is but as this is only a one channel amp - to get my lead tone I end up with a rhythm sound that is too gainy. I'm therefore thinking of backing the gain off on the amp to get a cool crunchy rhythm tone and then possibly use the Klon for solos.
          I've tried a Marshall Bluesbreaker in clean boost mode and it sounds cool but I end up only getting more gain - no volume boost, and I need both. I'm not sure if this is going to be a problem that I will have to live with even with the Klon?
          I'll give you everything but my guitar and my car

Comment

Working...
          X