Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project guitar...

Ok, looking for some opinions here...

I want to build a guitar, and am trying to choose between buying a Carvin Bolt kit or buying individual pieces (ie, Warmoth, Stew-Mac, etc...)
    Money wise, it looks like the Bolt kit is killer. But, there are still outside things that would have to be purchased, like a new pickguard and pickup. (This is gonna be a 1-hum guitar). Any suggestions?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Project guitar...

from what i know the carvin bolt kit is the same as the model they sell, am i right guys?

if it is i played one and was quite impressed.

are you having it H/S/S or just a single humbucker.

dont the pickups come with the carvin? it'd be a shame to waste them
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Its going to be single humbucker, probably a Custom trembucker. It is the same as their Bolt guitar, just not put together
      It does come with pickups, which I'd probably be selling on here. I've tried the neck and bridge Carvin M22s, but wasn't all that thrilled with them.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

the carvin bolt kit is a good deal, better than buying individual parts.
        :firing: :soapbox: :rocket: :omg:
        Its the way things are, kill the ones w/ the ideas.

Comment

are you getting it w/ the Textured black finish? otherwise, you might want to get it finished somewhere...
          you also have to select to have to neck finished in tung oil, cause it comes with the package raw. i think... lemme get my Carvin brochure...

Comment

right, the tung oil is an additional $30 and the Textured Black finish is $50 extra.
            but those carvin pups are suposed to be really good, though... shame to waste em.

Comment

Working...
            X