Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Moore - Blues For Greeny gear?

Hey guys.

I've just been listening to the Blues For Greeny album by Gary Moore and noticed just how great the guitar sounds. It's now my favourite Gary Moore tone (it's knocked 'Still Got The Blues' off the top spot ) and was wondering if anyone knows what gear Gary used on the album?

I would have thought he used Greenys old Les Paul (he usually does) but I have no idea on amps etc.

I've looked on Gary's site and the gear section is down for maintenance!

Thanx for any info guys.

Craig

Re: Gary Moore - Blues For Greeny gear?

I seem to recall that for this album Gazza put the Marshalls to one side and used Fenders. I think there is a video of him on the Blues for Greeny tour though I've not seen it. You might be able to see his amps on that.
    I'll give you everything but my guitar and my car

Comment

I'm pretty certain he used Peter Green's old LP on that album - doesn't he say so somewhere in the sleeve notes?

Don't know about the amps - sorry.

Does this mean you'll be doing a magnet flip on one of your Seths?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_F
        I'm pretty certain he used Peter Green's old LP on that album - doesn't he say so somewhere in the sleeve notes?

Don't know about the amps - sorry.

Does this mean you'll be doing a magnet flip on one of your Seths?
        Thanx for the replies guys.

Simon, he doesn mention in the sleeve notes using Peter's old LP, but as far as I know he's used it on all his blues albums anyway!

As for the magnet flip on the Seths:

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!!!!!!!!!

I'm more than happy with how they sound now, so I'm not gonna touch em'

The Fender amp comment seems to make sence as his tone sounds more 'pure' and less distorted than on alot of his other albums. So maybe a Fender amp is in use afterall?

Thanx again guys.

Craig

Comment

You could try a phase switch on a push pull pot not the same but close.I do remember in an interveiw that he did indeed you the Greeny LP. If it's any help Peter used Orange and/or Matamp Series 2000(also used by Wishbone Ash,Stevie Wonder! the BBC and Jimmy Page.)each one is is custom built but the price is not sky high. these amp's have Outrageos tone and stacks of really useful features.It was used on Albetross. Check out the V28 MkII head.

www.matamp.co.uk
          Last edited by Oldslowhand; 07-08-2004, 12:01 PM.
          This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
          Les Paul With JB bridge & Jazz neck - Jimmy Page Wiring
          Fenton Weill strat copy With 59 bridge & 59 Neck p/up My first Guitar
          Vox Valvetronix AD 100 VT

Comment

Originally posted by Oldslowhand
            You could try a phase switch on a push pull pot not the same but close.I do remember in an interveiw that he did indeed you the Greeny LP. If it's any help Peter used Orange and/or Matamp Series 2000(also used by Wishbone Ash,Stevie Wonder! the BBC and Jimmy Page.)each one is is custom built but the price is not sky high. these amp's have Outrageos tone and stacks of really useful features.It was used on Albetross. Check out the V28 MkII head.

www.matamp.co.uk
            Those Matamp heads look sweet!

I've actually looked into those before and I think they were around £500-£600, which is not too bad I s'ppose.

It's definitely an option for a future amp for me

Thanx for your reply.

Craig

Comment

Working...
            X