• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zerberus
    replied
    Re: EVH playing Charvel?

Originally posted by gypsy
    I've been hearing rumours that he's going from Peavey to Charvel. I could careless about that.
    I think thīd be great, but prolly just a rumor

But some people have been saying he's playing a blck/yellow Charvel on the tour.
    "Frankenstrat II", the black and yellow one, was a Charvel. So thatīs not necessarily anything new

And some saw Jackson making a couple black and white striped ones and black/yellow for someone. That's pretty cool.
    Unfortunately also nothing new, Jackson owns the rights to the Black/Yellow stripes IIRC. Black and Yellow custom Jacksons are unfortunately nothin g rare...

I'd love to see him get back to the superstrat thing.
    Oh and Marshall too!!
    Same here

Leave a comment:

• TwilightOdyssey
    replied

It was hacked up to 'look cool' and it ended up sounding like SH!T, so WC put that toggle bolt thingie in there to improve the sustain ....

The body shape, incidently, is the "W" in the Wayne Guitars logo ...

Leave a comment:

• Usurper666
    replied

Originally posted by Wattage
    I thought I saw a pic of him recently with his old Charvel Explorer, that was black and yellow. Maybe he pulled out some old friends?
    If the guitar you are talking about is the one from the cover of "Women and Children First" it's actually a late 70s Ibeenhad.... uh, Ibanez Destroyer that he hacked up.

Cheers,

CJ

Leave a comment:

• Wattage
    replied

I thought I saw a pic of him recently with his old Charvel Explorer, that was black and yellow. Maybe he pulled out some old friends?

Leave a comment:

• TwilightOdyssey
    replied

Hmm, that would really be strange, considering Wayne Charvel has moved on to doing his own custom thing, which are re-creations of the original Charvel guitars. (That and the fact that WC had much to do with the development of the superstrat) I know EVH can afford multiple Waynes, but maybe the 1yr wait, as well as the lack of cash up front from a small custom company has turned him off. Hmmm ..

Leave a comment:

• seafoamer
    Guest replied

Next thing u know, he'll be back w/ DLR putting out killer Hard Rock LP's ...........naaaah

Leave a comment:

• gypsy
    started a topic EVH playing Charvel?

EVH playing Charvel?

I've been hearing rumours that he's going from Peavey to Charvel. I could careless about that. But some people have been saying he's playing a blck/yellow Charvel on the tour. And some saw Jackson making a couple black and white striped ones and black/yellow for someone. That's pretty cool. I'd love to see him get back to the superstrat thing.

Oh and Marshall too!!
    Last edited by gypsy; 07-08-2004, 12:25 PM.
Working...
X