X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOLLY
    replied
    Re: EVH playing Charvel?

I bet those guitars go for a minimum of $10,000 considering each one is personally striped by Eddie, autographed by Eddie, there are only 30 made of each, and the highest bidder of all the auctions gets Eddie's custom Harley.

Leave a comment:

• Vasshu the humanoid typhoon
    replied

Heh yeah hillarious pic really....lol sometimes people go overboard...this one is worth some loud grinning

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    replied

Originally posted by Rid
    lololololol
    RID i could not resist!

Leave a comment:

replied

lololololol

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    replied

everyone that buys a guitar from him gets one of these!

Leave a comment:

• Usurper666
    replied

I really hope he goes back to Charvels & Marshalls, IMO his tone has been crap since 5150 and since he went to Peavy, yuch.

Cheers,

CJ

Leave a comment:

replied

Clever Edward....
    http://www.evh-guitars.com/
    Thanks for the link RG.
    Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 07-09-2004, 11:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

replied

Hehe yeah if I could get a strat like that one Edwards have, minus stripes
    Wonder what pickup he uses in that one??
    Is it some Duncan??

Leave a comment:

• TwilightOdyssey
    replied

Originally posted by Rid
    Looks great....sigh I am still regretting that I did not get that old San Dimas Charvel back then......
    Don't regret it! Get a Wayne!!

Leave a comment:

replied

Looks great....sigh I am still regretting that I did not get that old San Dimas Charvel back then......

Leave a comment:

• TwilightOdyssey
    replied

Wow, that's some serious business ...

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    replied

The Official Site of EVH Art Series Guitars - the Ultimate One-Of-A-Kind Collectible Art Guitar

Leave a comment:

• gypsy
    replied

Originally posted by Zerberus
    I think thīd be great, but prolly just a rumor

"Frankenstrat II", the black and yellow one, was a Charvel. So thatīs not necessarily anything new

Unfortunately also nothing new, Jackson owns the rights to the Black/Yellow stripes IIRC. Black and Yellow custom Jacksons are unfortunately nothin g rare...

Same here

I'm not really followin' you, bro'. I'm slayed that he's playing the "cool" guitars after 20 years. That's what I'm talkin' about. I heard EVH went after jackson for making black/yellow ones, and they don't own it. But that's besides the point. I'm just psyched he's doing it on his superstrats again.

Leave a comment:

• Majestic
    replied

This is also a thread over at VHLinks.

Eddie pulled out a NEW b & w Strat guitar, with a black pickguard, one pickup, and a CHARVEL-labeled strat-style headstock during the Columbus show. If pictures prove the Charvel name was on the headstock, then that's a blow for Peavey.

He even used it for 3 whole songs, as opposed to putting it away after only ONE, which is what he was apparently doing with the 5150 guitar.

Apparently the B&W design is similar but NOT identical to the original B & W Frankie guitar. I'm dying for pics of this, just for comfirmation purposes. We all obviously already have a fair idea of what it probably looks like.

As far as I can see, he's done with Peavey. Either that, or they're in some hardcore negotiations, because they didn't advertise in the "Van Halen" Legend edition of Guitar World, which makes no sense. They should've had three advertisements in that issue, let alone one, or none.

Leave a comment:

• Hot _Grits
    replied

He's definitely playing his Kramer 5150 guitar (with kramer hockeystick neck replaced by a logo-less strat head neck) onstage. He's also using wolfgangs as usual.

It's not the firts time he's used non-peavey stuff onstage. He's careful to hide it, though. He used a yamaha APX steel string on the 3 tour, and I watched him apply tape over the logo before the first gig.

I'll believe this rumour when I see a photo with a guitar that has a non-peavey logo visible.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X