New GAS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GAS!!!!

I went to Samash yesterday and played a Classic 60s reissue strat in 3 tone sunburst, and that thing spoke to me. I had wanted a strat with a maple fretboard, but it had such a good vibe and looks so good. Only bad thing was the action was set a bit high. I know it says 'C' shape on the website, but that felt like more of a 'U'. I am starting to save up for one of those babies . . . its a great guitar for just $629. I think though, as soon as I can after I get it, I'll be replacing the aged plastic parts with some normal ones & putting some SSL-1's in there, and probably some normal or locking tuners. Cant wait . . . only have $510 more to go!

Any of you guys own one of these? Or just like them?
    Last edited by Spoonman; 03-23-2004, 10:45 PM.
    Fender Classic 60's Strat
    Epi Les Paul - PG/SH-4
    DSL50 w/Avatar 2x12 (V30/G12H30)
    Vox V848 wah
    Line 6 MM-4
    Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer

By the way, how do you lower the action on a strat? I only know how to do it on a Les Paul-style bridge.
    Fender Classic 60's Strat
    Epi Les Paul - PG/SH-4
    DSL50 w/Avatar 2x12 (V30/G12H30)
    Vox V848 wah
    Line 6 MM-4
    Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer

Comment

i have played the 50's model, which is a little different but it has a maple fretboard. nice nice guitar. solid. sounded and played and felt nice.

to change the action on a strat you have to lower each little part of the bridge. its easy than it sounds.
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Working...
      X