X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shred-dog
    replied
    Re: marshall jubilee combo(2554)

thanks zak nice review !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• zak
    replied

Hey shred-dog
    I have that exact combo, and have gigged with it for a year or so, so i can probably help you out a bit.
    basically, i have very mixed feelings about it, and i dont really know where to start, so i'll just say some random positive and negative things as they pop into my head.....
    I dont know if youve seen one but there are unbelievably small (surprisingly heavy though)- you would swear it is only a 10inch speaker. To me this is an advantage. For very small gigs or gigs when using PA, you just need the combo, and it takes up no space in the car. For slightly bigger gigs with no PA, some sort of extension is defintely recommended.
    Despite the 25watt switch, this amp is not good for bedroom use. The gain only really gets going when turned up pretty high. The 25watt setting is only useful (imo) to get slightly more power amp gain at gigs.
    When you dont have the opportunity to turn it up, it has an exccelent distortion sound, though much more pre-ampy than a jcm800. Some people might find it fizzy. The EQ is very dynamic compared to most marshalls, though it still (IMO and i know some would disagree) only really has 1 sound.
    The fact that both channels share eq and input gain is a bit annoying, as you do have to make compromises (the clean channel sounds better with very little mids/presence, whereas with gain you definitely want more). Having said that, it is much quicker to set up for gigs, and i have actually used almost the same settings for about 6 months now.
    The clean sound is typical marshall - useable, but you would never buy this amp for its clean sound.

I suggest you try before you buy. If you demand a very good clean sound from an amp i wouldnt bother. But the gain sound is great when turned up - as i said its is much more preampy than a jmp or jcm 800, but is sounds big, has a lot of character and puts a big grin on your face when you play a power chord. Very good for heavy rock, decent for classic rock.

Leave a comment:

• Gearjoneser
    replied

I've heard that that Jubilee is the only one with a slightly different circuit than the others, most likely to accomodate it's small enclosure. How much are you paying for it? Silver one, right? They also made black Jubilees in 88, which fetch less money, but are virtually the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• shred-dog
    started a topic marshall jubilee combo(2554)

marshall jubilee combo(2554)

i am thinking about getting a marshall jubilee 2554 combo 1x12" anybody have any thoughts about this amp for hard rock and bluesy stuff i will use it with a 4x12 cab as well as on its own thanks scott
Working...
X