USA Dean Hardtail Steal !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Dean Hardtail Steal !!!

$750 with a hardshell case??? This will be a great guitar for someone!

Hardtail
    My Sound Clips

Re: USA Dean Hardtail Steal !!!

Awesome price but a crappy color.
    MIM Fender Strat-stock
    Kramer Focus-cool rails/vintage rails/hot rails
    Dean V X- 85/81
    Crybaby From Hell
    Ibanez DE7
    ADA MP-1
    Furman EQ
    Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Yep, there's a catch... this is this "professional" model and it isn't the type of quality yours is Jeff
      Originally posted by kevlar3000
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
      Originally posted by Zerberus
      Better is often the enemy of good
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by the_Chris
        Yep, there's a catch... this is this "professional" model and it isn't the type of quality yours is Jeff
        Yeah, I'll take the one in your avatar, please.

Comment

Jeff,

You wicked man - you nearly got me going $750 for a Hardtail Not as good as yours buddy - but what gives with the Professional series are they the step below your one?

Norman
          Normans Guitars

Comment

When Dean Z first introduced the Hardtail series and they were such an initial hit, he promised readers at the Dean Forum that he would make available a series of USA made guitars, from the same shop as the custom stuff, for under $1,000.

The professional series is the same body wood...mahogany. It does not have the flame maple cap or the ebony board....2 of the items (along with what it takes to finish the maple cap) that take a guitars selling price from a grand to closer to $1800.

All of the other components are almost identical....it's really just cosmetic differences. It's not quite as pretty, and I'm sure there will be some tonal differences without the maple cap, but it's a great guitar. I've spoken to several guys who have played them and own them, and say they are fantastic guitars.

Look at the pics at the bottom of this link. Tell me that the Walnut Professional isn't a hot looking guitar.

Professional Specs
            Last edited by Jeff_H; 07-10-2004, 08:53 AM.
            My Sound Clips

Comment

About these Dean guitars, guys....how do you rate 'em? Where do they stack up in the food-chain that includes "higher end" guitar brand names like Gibson, PRS, Gretch, Heritage, and others?

-Bob

Comment

Dean has tight quality control, like brands like Heritage, Hamer and for the most part PRS.

They're great guitars at affordable prices. I like the fact that some of their tops can kick PRS in the behind and still be cheaper than them. All in all, I find Dean to make excellent guitars (my $500 Chafin Del Sol sounds better, looks better and plays better than most guitars I've played). The looks is what turns me off of some of their models. I'm not a huge metal fan so buying a radical looking Dean wouldn't work for me or fit my needs as a musician. The Hardtail is kind of Dean's "appeal to all" flagship guitar.
                Originally posted by kevlar3000
                I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                Originally posted by Zerberus
                Better is often the enemy of good
                Originally posted by ginormous
                Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I had a dean flying V with the V headstock about 7 years ago and i loved it. I yanked the bridge pup and threw in a screamin demon [remember those] and i played the poop out of that thing until it was ripped off at a gig. [dumb ass drummer left the back of our rental truck open after loading up we were inside getting our cash came out and my guitar and a bass head was gone]

poit is never trust your drummer to do anything
                  http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/mybrokensoulmusic.htm

4yrs of college + 1 B.A. + 40,000 in student loans = 64k per yr job I hate, help me please

Peavey XXX
                  Schecter 006 Elite
                  SD Invader
                  Pro tools

Comment

Jeff, believe it or not, I still think about that tigerseye flametop Hardtail you linked us to several months ago. Sometimes, I wish I'd threw out the $1300 it went for, since it was such a killer one! If I saw THAT one for $750, I'd hit BIN without a second's hesitation.
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I saw these at NAMM, they are like Gibson's faded series. (its an analogy, not a comparison).

Comment

Working...
                      X