Ebay Blues Junior arrives DOA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Blues Junior arrives DOA

I just got the thing this afternoon. I just plugged it in it played about a minute and started krackling like a bowl of rice crispies and cut out no power at all now.

Seller gives me "it was perfect when it left, file a UPS claim"

I can see I am going to get nowhere with this guy . I filed for buyer protection with paypal.

Any Ideas?
    His Grace is Amazing

Re: Ebay Blues Junior arrives DOA

Lou...

When I bought my Marshall on eBay, one of the tubes was broken during shipping and a couple of the solder joints had rattled loose. I took it into a tech who fixed it for $30. Perhaps a loose connection is all you have?
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
      Lou...

When I bought my Marshall on eBay, one of the tubes was broken during shipping and a couple of the solder joints had rattled loose. I took it into a tech who fixed it for $30. Perhaps a loose connection is all you have?
      Thanks. I guess it could be that the shipping box looks ruff
      His Grace is Amazing

Comment

I have a BJ limited edition - the blonde one. Never had any problems with it whatsoever. It does get hummy when you crank it, but aside from that my only conplaint is the reverb - which doesn't wound right to my ears.

The tubes get knocked out of place. I'd check it with the tech - its more than likely that something happened during shipping.
        my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
        A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

Originally posted by Frantic_Rock
          I have a BJ limited edition - the blonde one. Never had any problems with it whatsoever. It does get hummy when you crank it, but aside from that my only conplaint is the reverb - which doesn't wound right to my ears.
          never thought id see BJ, blonde, and hummy in the same few sentences and it would be refering to an amp.........lol, just had to say it dude
          http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
          >cord<
          1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by flank
            never thought id see BJ, blonde, and hummy in the same few sentences and it would be refering to an amp.........lol, just had to say it dude
            It's the beauty of being musician. It's kind of like walking up to someone and saying "Nice rack" and not referring to a female's chest, but rather a lot of flashy lights and effects, and perhaps a pre/power amp. My girlfriend thought I was referring to the girl behind the desk at guitar center once... man, did I almost dig myself into a hole!
            7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Originally posted by joelap
              It's the beauty of being musician. It's kind of like walking up to someone and saying "Nice rack" and not referring to a female's chest, but rather a lot of flashy lights and effects, and perhaps a pre/power amp. My girlfriend thought I was referring to the girl behind the desk at guitar center once... man, did I almost dig myself into a hole!
              JOE LAP

Shame on me But I couldn't help it with the way this post was going
              His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Lou,

I have BJ's and use them extensively for gigging - your problem appears to be just a case of either the power tubes or the pre-amp tubes needing to be replaced. Not an expensive job and I would suggest that when you take it in to a tech (or even do it yourself) to look over think about what tubes you want to put in them and get them done at the same time. That way you know that they are all okay.

Once you have it up and firing you'll love the sound of it - clean is great and wth a nice o/d pedal will get you going.

Norman
                Normans Guitars

Comment

Thanks Norman and Lee

But it will not power up at all. No power light, the tubes are not glowing at all,
                  His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_lou
                    Thanks Norman and Lee

But it will not power up at all. No power light, the tubes are not glowing at all,
                    Have you checked the fuse on them as they may have blown?
                    Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_lou
                      Thanks Norman and Lee

See my reponse in the Columbia show thread
                      Dom L
                      1997 Roadhouse Strat
                      2005 Eric Clapton Strat
                      2007 Martin 000-28EC
                      2007 Parts-o-Caster

Comment

Working...
                      X