Got some new toys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some new toys!

I got the Behringer V-AMP Pro and M-Audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard, as well as a $15 pair of Behringer headphones that actually aren't bad. I'm not done finding tones I like with the V-AMP, but so far I like the range of sounds I can get, though I'm not too terribly impressed with the effects. The Phaser is okay, the reverb is great, I like the compressor, but the rest are...meh. Pretty simple, this is an area that needs improvement, but oh well, I'm not big on effects anyway. I haven't put this thing in front of my amp, I've only used it to play through headphones and go directly into the computer. I'm only planning to use it for practice/jamming when my gear is at my bandmate's house, and for recording ideas/demos. The soundcard I got is pretty cool, except it takes some tinkering to get things to work correctly. It's kind of annoying to turn certain things off and others on to do certain things, but I'll adjust. Overall I've noticed a difference in the sound quality, even through these ~5 year old Altec Lansing computer speakers. It sounds like there's less noise, and overall I hear more detail. Of course, this is compared to an onboard sound

I'll get some soundclips up for you guys soon, I'm getting tired and I have a full day of work, then guitar lesson, then class tomorrow. I'm off to bed, night guys.

Another V-Amp Pro user!!! Bring on the clips!!!
    GUITARS
    STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
    AMPS
    Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Ah man, I was hoping you broke down and bought yourself a
      nice Smith & Wesson, or Colt! LOL

If you're not totally satisfied with the V-Amp, you could return
      or sell it, and move up to a POD Pro or Vox Tonelab.

Are Vox and Marshall products cheaper in the UK than the states,
      or are they about the same? What do Tonelabs cost there?

I actually have the Behringer Truth powered monitors in my homestudio. They sound great for the money. I've never tried their modelers or amps.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
        Ah man, I was hoping you broke down and bought yourself a
        nice Smith & Wesson, or Colt! LOL

If you're not totally satisfied with the V-Amp, you could return
        or sell it, and move up to a POD Pro or Vox Tonelab.

Are Vox and Marshall products cheaper in the UK than the states,
        or are they about the same? What do Tonelabs cost there?

I actually have the Behringer Truth powered monitors in my homestudio. They sound great for the money. I've never tried their modelers or amps.
        Dunno about the price comparison 'joneser, what's the price stateside for say a new Marshall 1987x head???

With a Bogner and Silver Jubilee for toys, I ain't suprised you haven't tried a V-Amp
        GUITARS
        STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
        AMPS
        Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Hey Rocker35!,
          Is that Schenker copy guitar you own the one that was on eBay not too long ago?
          Thanks!

Comment

Okay I made 5 30 second clips, but I need somewhere to host them. Can you guys help me out?

Comment

- I am a hardcore v-amp2 user.
              The effects are so-so :: luckily I don't use effects (other than 'verb).
              Reverb is great.
              Amp models are awesome.

Exactly what I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocker35
                Dunno about the price comparison 'joneser, what's the price stateside for say a new Marshall 1987x head???

With a Bogner and Silver Jubilee for toys, I ain't suprised you haven't tried a V-Amp
                Plexi 50 Reissue's are around $1100 US new. We don't weigh our money here, so I couldn't tell you how many pounds that is.

For home practice, I've got that Vox Valvetronix. What's interesting is putting the modeler next to the real thing, and seeing how close you can get. That's what modeling companies claim to have done, so it's fun to experiment with. The conclusion I've come to is that modeling units can emulate the
                sound of the original, but the girth and size of the sound is
                far smaller than the original tube amp.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by MSGfan
                  Hey Rocker35!,
                  Is that Schenker copy guitar you own the one that was on eBay not too long ago?
                  Thanks!
                  Definately not - I built/re-built it myself. Check it out.......

GUITARS

AMPS

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                    Plexi 50 Reissue's are around $1100 US new. We don't weigh our money here, so I couldn't tell you how many pounds that is.

For home practice, I've got that Vox Valvetronix. What's interesting is putting the modeler next to the real thing, and seeing how close you can get. That's what modeling companies claim to have done, so it's fun to experiment with. The conclusion I've come to is that modeling units can emulate the
                    sound of the original, but the girth and size of the sound is
                    far smaller than the original tube amp.

Mmmm....that works out at just over £600. Marshall's recommended retail price is £804 ($1450) and my local store has got them for £669 ($1200). Looks like you get a better deal!!!

What model Vox you got ?, my local store has got 'em in for between £159 ($288) for the 30w 1x12, to £529 ($960) for the 120w 2x12.
                    GUITARS

AMPS

Comment

Originally posted by Rocker35
                      Definately not - I built/re-built it myself. Check it out.......

http://rocker35.fotopic.net/c61366.html
                      Very Cool Rocker!,
                      You did one heck of a job!!
                      I just love some of those Jap copy guitars from the late`70s early`80s. I have a white bolt neck Vantage Vee that I just love!
                      I only wish the the headstock matched a Gibson. It's more Les Paulish shaped, it's basicly an Aria Pro II headstock.

Comment

Working...
                      X