anyone play a Strat>Recto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone play a Strat>Recto?

How does it sound, especially with low output pickups under high gain?
    2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Re: anyone play a Strat>Recto?

I played my 62 RI with Fender CS 62's into a single with a 2x12 recto cab and the cleans were gorgeoasmic!

Tight, well defined bottom with lots of sparkle. The neck all by itself was very cool for Jazzy stuff.

The high gain side was good as well, with the bridge pickup doing well for sqwaky leads and tight rythms. My fave position with high gain was the neck pickup all by itself. Big and fat with good clarity. Pos. 2 & 4 were kind of "fizzy" with gain, not my fave sound.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

not sure, but i know tom delonge used a fender strat with an invader through a recto amp and his tone is amazing
      Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

It really depends on the tones you like. I've tried stock strats through rectos and didn't like 'em, but when a strat has a humbucker in the bridge, the rhythm is great, and with a nice mid output pup in the neck and mid, you can get niiiiiice smooth leads

Comment

wasnt overly impressed with the MIM strat i plugged into one

cleans were my favourite bit

high gain was a bit scratchy on the bridge pup. i didnt have much time to play it though (i was in a booth and had it semi loud)

recto's arent for me overall though
          My clips

Originally posted by Rid
          How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

so the strat does not mate well with a recto....seems that it needs a more classic amp to feed its tone:Fender,Marshall
            2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Originally posted by Quencho092
              so the strat does not mate well with a recto....seems that it needs a more classic amp to feed its tone:Fender,Marshall
              I agree completely... when I read the title of this thread I thought "FENDER... MESA... SAME SENTENCE????". I guess they just don't mix well.
              • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
              • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
              • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
              • G&L Tribute Comanche
              • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
              • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
              • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

I play two Strats into my Recto.

Personally, I think they sound just as good (in a different sort of way) than my Les Paul.

In all fareness though, both of them have a humbucker in the bridge.

But the LP just can't compete with the Strat when it comes to neck clean tones.....Mmm.

But, if you're looking for more traditional Strat tones, Fender or Marshall is the way to go.
                || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
                X