Parts-o-caster Deluxe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts-o-caster Deluxe!

I recently acquired an old Jackson Strathead neck (gift from friend) with a maple board and Schaller tuning keys and got an idea to build a parts guitar. I have now that neck, a 59n and a 6 saddle tele bridge.

I was thinking of getting Tele body, 2 push/pull pots, a SSL-1 RWRP pickup, and a tapped QP for Tele Lead. A pickguard too, of course. The push/pull pots will be used for tapping the QP and for doing 7 way switching. This axe will mostly be used for blues/rock.

The pickup configuration will be 59n, Vintage Staggered mid, and QP lead.

Am I missing anything? Anything you guys would change? What would you do differently?
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Re: Parts-o-caster Deluxe!

What about strings

Sounds like a cool setup and worth the while seeing your more then half way there on the parts.

Comment

Just make sure the neck fits the body...anytime you do a parts guitar project, compatibility is of the highest importance. Tele and Start parts aren't always perfectly interchangeable, so you may want to look into that.

Ryan
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

I think Warmoth and US Custom Guitars can make you a Tele body capable of fitting a strat type neck.
        ScreamingDaisy: I don't do sympathy. If you want sympathy, it can be found in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Comment

Yeah, either of those places can do that, but if you buy something pre-made, just be aware that it may not be a perfect fit.

Ryan
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
          X