Marshall Jubilee Fans? Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Jubilee Fans? Pics!

Anyone here an owner, user, or fan of the 25th Anniversary Silver Jubilee Amps? From Voxy cleans to crunchy to singing highgain, probably the meanest of all Marshalls IMO. 2555 100W, 2550 fullsize 50W, 2553 smallbox 50, 2558 2-12 combo, 2554 1-12 combo. They came stock with Siemens EL-34's and Chinese pre tubes. Made in 1987 ONLY, and issued in black in 88 and a little in 89. Most Marshall afficionados agree, these were what the JCM900 series SHOULD have been. Luckily for some, they were never reissued, except for the limited Slash 2555. These amps may be the best Marshall collectible, outside of early Plexi's. Get them now, or never!

To commemorate his 50 years in music and 25 years in the amplifier business, Jim Marshall introduced a limited edition collection of tube amps and cabinets in 1987. The amps, based on the 2203 and 2204 master volume designs, were known as the "25/50 Silver Jubilee" Series models. The products were distinctive, with their silver vinyl covering and chrome panels.
    Last edited by Gearjoneser; 07-10-2004, 05:54 PM.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Re: Marshall Jubilee Fans? Pics!

that guy should pay you for extra advertisment

dont you have one already? i wanna hear it - i got a jam track goin in the tips and clips place i wanna hear what you'd put over it
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

yeah jonesy....post a clip please lol

man, you got me jonesin for a jubilee now dammit
      http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
      >cord<
      1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

According to The History of Marshall ...

" The amplifier had a peculiar preamp circuit that featured three gain modes, with switching available between two. The Input Gain control was something of a compromise and varied the amount of gain in all three modes, so if you set it low to get a good clean sound, you might find that it was too low for your lead sound. If you didn't want a clean rhythm tone, you could pull this knob out and switch into Mode 2, which Marshall called Rhythm Clip, giving it a more distorted sound.
        The tone controls were common to all channels, but were redesigned and really very effective, offering more tonal variety than any previous Marshall. On the back panel, there was an effects loop.
        All things considered, the amp sounded really good, so long as you could get by with the single preamp gain control.
        After the Jubilee year ended, the model was absorbed into the JCM 800 range and known as the Custom Series, complete with black vinyl and gold control panels. Interest was waning by 1989, though, and they were dropped from the range completely just before the JCM 800s themselves were replaced by the 900 series.
        Since the silver amps were also a limited edition, they are now becoming quite the collector's pieces, and many people -- notably Slash of Guns N' Roses -- won't play anything else!"
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I know I've been slow on posting anything here. Right now, I'm in between recording setups. I've got my Mackie 24/96 wrapped up ready to ship, and am getting a computer based Pro Tools Digi002 setup. Also, I'm getting new band members tight by rehearsing a lot. As soon as I can, tho, I'll have some recorded tracks, since the new members will be thrown straight into a recording situation soon. I'll use the Ecstasy, Chieftain, and Jubilee for probably everything.
          Here's a picture of my 2550 50W stack, minus my straight cab, and the Bogner.

Comment

Niiice!

Okay Joneser, if one were lurking on E-bay, what would be a fair going price for either a Jubilee head or a halfstack?
            Originally posted by Scott_F
            On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Tonally, my favorite ones are the 2550 and 2553, because the highgain preamp sounds much better being fed into a hard driven 2 EL-34 power section. The 2555 100W sounds great, but seems a little grainier at useable volumes. Zakk Wylde and Slash's tone is the most reminiscent of the true "Jubilee" tone. Zakk uses hotrodded 2203's, but the tone is basically the same as you hear on Ozzy CD's.

From what I've seen, the fair market value for Jubilee's in clean condition are
              2555 100W head $1300
              2550 50W fullsize head $1300
              2553 Smallbox 50 $1000
              2558 2-12 combo $1400
              2554 1-12 combo $800
              4-12 cabs came with G-75s or Vintage 30. Vin 30's sound better with Jubilees.
              $750 for 4-12's $500 for the 2-12's that went with the ministacks (2553)

These prices are for nice clean Silver ones. Beatup Jubilees and Black one's fetch a few hundred less.

Comment

Damn!!!

And me without my checkbook!!!

Oh, and is the black "Slash" model, basically a Jubilee?

Thanks for the info.

-Matt
                On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

That Slash Amp in your link looks like a great chance to grab a limited amp that sounds great. Any cheaper, and you'd find one that isn't in the same condition or without all the paperwork and cover. Plus, it's far easier to find the Matching cabinet...any Marshall cab!

Comment

Well, since I'm going to Europe next spring, the Marshall this year is out. Perhaps Joneser, you should pick it up and hold it for me.

But, it sounds like the 2550 is the ticket for me when the day comes, since I play at home. So, I'm out of the running, hope someone I know picks it up.

Just for sh*ts and grins, Joneser, what would you consider a good price for a 82-85 JCM800 head?

-Matt

Comment

Good JCM800's sell for $500-$850, but that Slash Signature amp is an investment grade amp, and also has a lot more gain than any JCM800, if that's what you're looking for. Consider that it's loud as hell, too! But, it definitely nails the 80's heavy rock tone better than almost any other amp.

Comment

Originally posted by JammerMatt
                        Damn!!!

And me without my checkbook!!!

Oh, and is the black "Slash" model, basically a Jubilee?

Thanks for the info.

-Matt
                        Err...I never liked that model. I jammed with it w/ high hopes and was unfortunately let down, it was loose on the bottom end and just didn't have the right mojo for me....then again, I'm more of a Recto kind of guy. To one his own anyway, right?

Comment

I have the Jubilee 2553 model which is a little smaller than a normal amp head and is proportionate to a 4x10 cabinet. Its an alright amp but its not that great. Maybe is it just the amp I have but I play through the Slash Model Marshall whenever I go to this rehearsal studio that have them there already and they sound nothing alike. I also played through a JCM800 reissue that a friend of mine just bought and I think I might actually prefer that over the Jubilee. Maybe it is just my Jubilee because I've never actually played through another Jubilee head, and I did get it retubed about a year and a half ago and who knows what those guys did.

Comment

I would post a clip but everything I try to put up they say the file is too big...

Comment

hey GJ I hate to steal your thread.... but what is a good price for the purple covered Jimi full stack?
                              '05 Gibson SG Standard
                              '07 Gibson Sg Standard Emg 81/85
                              PRS IRW McCarty
                              '92 Fender MIA Telecaster
                              82 Usa Epiphone Spirit w/ Dirtyfingers

Comment

Working...
                              X