banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of tubes, can someone identify them for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of tubes, can someone identify them for me.

Here are the tubes out of my komet. The two 12ax7's on the left with white writing are supposed to be NOS mullards, but there is nothing on them that actually says "mullard". And the third one which ive taken more pics of looks like something like an RCA tube...and Jeff H in my other thread has just said that they are also NOS (i think it was him).

Also there is a pic of the rectifier tube which looks old too, its a GE tube, is that NOS too and if so whats it like?
    My Soundclick page.

Re: Pics of tubes, can someone identify them for me.

The first and third are individual pics of the suspect RCA NOS tube...to be confirmed.

The second and fifth are the rectifier GE tube.

The fourth is the pic of all three preamp tubes, v1 at the left and so on.
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

Why don't you just leave those good tubes in your Komet? Of course, experiment, but I think that previous owner handpicked those tubes to sound great in that amp. Maybe you should just leave'em.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

yeah, count yourself a little fortunate he didn't just take all those out and replace them with new tubes

FWIW, I use my GE NOS for V1 in most of my amps.
        "music heals"
        facebook

Comment

Im gonna just play it a bit first with standard tubes so i can get to appreciate it without special tubes...and then the plan is to chuck in the good ones when i get more used to the amp so i can really appreciate the difference.

But knowing me ill just chuck em in anyway, because yeah they have obviously been picked to sound good in this amp.
          My Soundclick page.

Comment

YA - the writing on those GE's looks the same as the NOS GE 12ax7's I bought from KCA, so judging by those pics I'd say they are legit. The RCA tube you have has the same rectangle with rounded corners around the 12ax7 as the 58' blackplate RCA I just bought...so I'd say that is probably legit or we both got the same ****ty copy!

I can't tell about the mullards, having never owned one myself. I would bet that if you sent those pics to Mike at KCA he could tell you right away!
            My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
            X