Anyone know where i can get a used G2D Morpheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where i can get a used G2D Morpheus

Does anyone know where i could buy a used G2D Morpheus distortion stomp? I really dont want to drop the 220 on a new one so any leads are appreciated.

thanks in advance
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/mybrokensoulmusic.htm

4yrs of college + 1 B.A. + 40,000 in student loans = 64k per yr job I hate, help me please

Peavey XXX
    Schecter 006 Elite
    SD Invader
    Pro tools

Re: Anyone know where i can get a used G2D Morpheus

Elderly Music might have one ...
    or 30th Street Guitars in NYC
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

cool thanks for the info do they have a site i can email them nothing i can find on the web

4yrs of college + 1 B.A. + 40,000 in student loans = 64k per yr job I hate, help me please

Peavey XXX
      Schecter 006 Elite
      SD Invader
      Pro tools

Comment

I live in the city where they're made, and I know the guys who make them. I'll keep an eye out on local trade sites and stores and let you know if I see one. You'll have to pay for shipping from New Zealand, but that shouldn't be too much.

The only problem is G2D pedals are so well loved by their owners that they don't tend to part with them.
        Originally posted by Jolly
        ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Cool thanks grits i appreciate it a bunch. i have been to thee site but is there any other information that you can give me about these ? Have you played through one before. I ask because all i see is the product discription of the sound but no one has come forward to tell me what they actually sound like.

I do have to say when i emailed the guys they seemed really cool and very fast email reply.

again thanks

Peavey XXX
          Schecter 006 Elite
          SD Invader
          Pro tools

Comment

Grant and Dave are really cool guys.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty old school when it comes to metal, so I've tried the other three, and haven't played the morpheus. The morpheus is their attempt to go after the mesa rectifier tone, I'm told, and that's not really my bag.

One thing to know: Grant tests the pedals with a fender 65 twin reissue, and more recently a super reissue. So they definitely work best with fender-style amps. This should bode well for the morpheus, as rectos are generally kitted out with 6l6s.

Comment

He used to test them through the 65 Twin RI, but he now has the 4x10 I think.

I know because I own the Twin that was used in the sound-clips on the site

I own a Morpheus and use it through the Twin for my high-gain sound. It is a great pedal.

What's good about the sound?

Great Mesa style high-gain, with quite a smooth top on it - not buzzy, just really big.

It has a really good basic voicing, and the only tone control is a mid-range adjuster. This is really good as you can go from a more middy high-gain sound to a good scooped sound, and the voicing of the pedal is really nice the whole way through.

It also has the built in noise-gate, which is really handy - you can have your hands off the guitar at stage levels and it will be completely silent until you play it (or knock it )

There is actually a good, more technical, description of the sound on HC, partially quoted here:

Sound Quality: 10
              Guitars I use are: Tom Anderson Drop Top with H/S/S Anderson pickups, and a Gibson Les Paul Classic with 500T in Bridge, and 496R in the neck.

My amp is a custom designed one called the Cruiser, primarily setup as a clean type amp to work well with stompboxes. 45-watts running into a cabinet equipped with a Vintage 30 and a Vintage 10.

This pedal is a great one to come close to emulating a Mesa Boogie Rectifier tone with a bit of the Marshall smoothness around the edges of the distortion. This pedal has 3 times the gain amount of the G2D Custom/Standard Overdrive on the "Red" side (check out the reviews on that one as well). The tone control is strictly a mid-cut or mid-boost, does nothing with the highs and lows. The lows from this pedal are set at a perfect frequency to get that heavy Mesa chunk, and the highs have a nice vocal, airy quality to them. I own their Cream Tone and their Standard, and love this one equally as well. It stood up well against a Mesa Single Rectifier a friend of mine plays through, and I could get that old Santana type of lead tone using the Paul on the neck pickup very nicely. The main difference between this pedal and a Mesa amp may be a little in the amount of "hair" around the distortion, the amp has a bit more, but that's where the pedal's Marshall quality seems to smooth it out nicely.

The competition for this pedal was my Tonebone Hot British which covers a lot of sonic territory and is as smooth and beefy as you can get. It is totally voiced for High Gain Marshall, and I wanted another over the top distortion with a Boogieish voicing, the guys customized this one nicely and it did not disappoint me when I gave it an acid test 1 day after receiving it. You can hear your guitar ringing out through all the gain, which gives you your own sound and tone.

The gate feature on the pedal is very smooth, and you can take it completly out by turning it counterclockwise, or you can use it to give yourself a total staccato feel for playing tunes like Metallica "One".

Comment

Nice review!
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Yeah Jonny, the 4x10 is a super reverb reissue.

Comment

That's right, yeah, couldn't remember the name...

Comment

Actually, Metal101, I could send you a demo of my band with the Morpheus going through the Fender Twin. It's a little too scooped for my liking looking back now, but it gives you an idea of a possible sound using the Morpheus/Fender combination...

I don't know how to post a clip, but I can send it to an email address if you'd like.

Comment

Working...
                      X