opinons on parker fly deluxe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinons on parker fly deluxe?

i was at guitar center recently and i played the parker fly deluxe. when it came down to it tho i had to go with the les paul. it was about twice the price haha but it was worth it. now im thinking of saving up for the parker, im pretty close to getting it, waht do u guys think of it? are their any guitars that can do more in terms of piezo sound and the blending sound? or even just the electric sound itself? its not that expensive at guitar center they had it for 1100, so i think i might go for it.
    [SIZE=1]Guitars:
    Gibson 2001 Les Paul Classic Premium w/ SD JB/59N
    Fender American Deluxe Strat (still stock SCNs)
    Takamine Acoustic

Amps:
    Marshall AVT 50(on the bay)
    Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue

Re: opinons on parker fly deluxe?

Parker's are nice sounding, very high quality guitars. Another axe to consider if you are after hybrid tones are Godins. They have a more traditional feel and look than the Parkers.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Welcome to the Parker Flytrap. I'm currently stuck and I can't get out.

I keep changing my mind for what I want for my guitar. Nothing quite plays like the Fly Deluxe I tried out. I instantly bonded with it. But I want different woods and my own selection of pickups to go in it. So right now I'm in guitar hell.

I'm tempted to go to USACG and see if they can essentially do a modified copy of it for me. Right now that seems like the only alternative.

It's too bad that the Parker Nitefly SA has a less width and fatter neck, if it had a Fly Deluxe type neck, I'd have one by now. Utter guitar turmoil...
      Originally posted by kevlar3000
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
      Originally posted by Zerberus
      Better is often the enemy of good
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

If a sleek - modern and stylish double cutaway with piezo is what your appetite now desires, might I suggest my own double cutaway design
        the parkers are nice guitars, but if there is something different you're looking into, my style is sorta a prs meets parker and yet very different - and I've been using the graphtec ghost piezo system (and i just installed in on 2 forum members guitars) and it is outstanding. plus you get graphite saddles to boot.
        i dont' mean to intrude on your parker discussion, but before you drop change on a guitar that might not be exaclty what you're after, i just wnated you to have another option
        Custom Guitar Builder - PM me if you're interested.
        Check out the new website and see the progress of felow forumites' guitars
        www.gaugeguitars.com
        Cheers!

Comment

I love the Parkers but not the piezo sound much- I don't think Fishman's sound as good as RMC piezos..never tried the GraphTech system, but those who have said it sounds great, opinions are split on how it tracks synth, though.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Mincer, I've heard very similar views. How do you like your Brian Moore (I'm interested in how it plays as compared to something like a Parker)? (that is one of the last brands I've seriously thought about... Tom Anderson being another one).

The RMC system is supposedly the best, if not, one of the best piezo systems around (I've heard the latest offerings from Fishman and the L.R. Baggs system are wonderful as well, just slightly different tonally).

I found the Fishman by itself, sounded horrible. However, when blended with the split humbucker tones, it sounded like a kickass jumbo acoustic, bright and full with a topend bite.

The RMC piezo system can be blended with the magnetic pickups, right?

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but my latest research is making me really interested about this
            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.

Comment

The Brian Moore is the guitar I use live, since it has the synth pickup...it is really a great guitar, more Corvette than Camaro, if you know what I mean. The Piezo, synth, and magnetic outputs can be mixed independently. I loved the Parker MidiFly too, when it was out, but that was $1500 more...The Parkers are light. And strange looking, and I love that stuff- they sound equally as good (but different) than the Brian Moore. I didn't like the Fishman system though. The RMCs can actually sound like a real plugged in acoustic. They stand on their own well. The tradeoff is price- an RMC midi system in a guitar is $600, not including installation, which apparently is described as 'difficult'. It makes more sense to buy a guitar with it built in. The Brian Moore 'i' series is a good choice- even if you rip out the RMC system and put it on another guitar- silly, but that might actually be cheaper than buying the RMC system itself.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I never played a brian moore but they look super nice. On the other hand i had a nitfly [parker] not deluxe and even that was amazing. a nat.wood finish and it was just an amazing guitar. but not for metal. it is amazing to record with and even more amazing to play. although i have never played the delux based on the nitefly i would buy one they are premium quality
                http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/mybrokensoulmusic.htm

4yrs of college + 1 B.A. + 40,000 in student loans = 64k per yr job I hate, help me please

Peavey XXX
                Schecter 006 Elite
                SD Invader
                Pro tools

Comment

Back to the topic: DUDE!!! If you can get a Fly Deluxe for $1100, what are you waiting for? Those things retail for $2500.

Personally, I want to roadtest a Fly Mojo, but no one around here stocks it.

My Nitefly is a dream, but it is a bolt-on design. I've found that the transducers work quite well mixed with the electric pups. They are kind of thin by themselves, though. I may have to check into these new piezo models.
                  Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                  https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
                  Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I wasn't really digging the Fly Mojo. I honestly liked the Fly Deluxe better.

The tone on the Fly Mojo was too warm and thick. With the carbon fretboard, mahogany body and neck, this is a guitar that will only get thick and warm. Distorted it has a lot of bottom end as advertised, but the versatility wasn't there. The coil splits didn't even sound like they were on - it only thinned the pickup slightly, and all I could pull of on the guitar was jazz and blues.

Now the Fly Deluxe, that had neutral sounding pickups with the poplar/basswood/carbon combination. The humbucker was warm enough to be able to get jazz, but could nail blues and some other stuff as well. Coil split, it sounded much more like a single coil than the Fly Mojo getting thin funky sounds out of it. If you like general humbucker, single coil tones you will be impressed by this. However, since I accept no shortcuts, I'd have to change those

Comment

Maybe it has more to do with the fact that I hate the look of Parkers, but I agree with Mincer. If you've got to have a guitar that does it all, look further into a Brian Moore or Godin.
                      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I like the look of Parkers and I've had a Fly Deluxe hardtail for quite a few years. Very toneful and resonant guitar, IMHO.
                        Parker Fly Deluxe Hardtail
                        Fender MIJ 50's Reissue
                        Fender American Standard Strat
                        Fender Amercian Standard Tele
                        Custom Mahogany Strat Style
                        (w/ Duncan SSL-2, SSL-1, and 'Lil '59)
                        Ibanez AS-200
                        Carvin Bolt Hardtail

Comment

Working...
                        X