Hush Pedal, any good ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hush Pedal, any good ????

Hey Y'all !!! Anyone on here use a Rocktron Hush Pedal for noise reduction??? Just wonderin if they're as good as my rack mount Hush unit. Thanks.
    Only The Strong Survive

Why do you think you need a noise reduction pedal in the first place?

Comment

Mainly, I find my Hush takes care of any unwanted hiss or extraneous noise coming from cords, certain types of lighting, etc... It has been a very valuable asset especially in smaller clubs, where cords tend to lay on top of each other, etc... ( smaller, cramped Stage situations ). It also does a marvelous job of quieting a noisy effects pedal, that type of thing. I've found the Hush to be the only noise reduction that doesn't "cut off" the end of a Delay line. I've seen ( as everyone else has ), that they now offer, once again, the Hush Pedal. Just wondering if it works as well as my rack unit( which is from the 80's and still working perfectly).
      Only The Strong Survive

Comment

my friend used to have one and told me he sold it cuz it killed his tone.... but then again, my friends are morons

Comment

Actually, your friend may be right. I have heard this about the Hush Pedal. Thanks. Anyone else have experience with the Hush Pedal ???
          Only The Strong Survive

Comment

An easier way to eliminate unwanted noise is to use a good quality chord. I use the George L cables on my board and a one spot to power it. This has eliminated almost all noise that I had previously. The only noise I can hear now is the hiss of the drive channel in my marshall, and when playing a strat the expected 60 cycle hum.
            "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I use the rocktron Hush SuperC (rackmount), and i don't have problems with it sucking tone, unless i set it up incorrectly. It makes everything quiet when i'm not playing. Wee! I've heard the pedal Hush units when compared to the rackmount, they're not even close. They suck the tone right out unless you play somthing were a specific tone or frequency really doesn't matter. I prefer the rackmount hush, it doesn't suck tone if it's set up correctly. it may be because i run the rackmount hush in the effects loop of my amp, but i doubt it.

Also, as an after thought, using good cable won't fix line noise, and if you're concerned with your tone, i wouldn't use George L cables. they can't touch a monster cable.
              Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

Comment

The Rocktron Hush Super C will NOT kill your tone. (being a tone junkie myself, trust me on that one).

However, Hush the Pedal is horrible. It's one of the worst noise eliminators around to be honest.

Also, to solve a common understanding shared on these forums, hum is generated from much more than bad cables. The tubes in tube amps can contribute as well as the power supply, pickups, grounding for the pickups, effects etc. With my setup, I really need my Hush Super C because I have old tubes in my Triamp and until I figure out how to bias myself and get new tubes, it will hiss.
                Originally posted by kevlar3000
                I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                Originally posted by Zerberus
                Better is often the enemy of good
                Originally posted by ginormous
                Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, all. I currently use a Hush II, which I bought new in the early 80s. It does not suck the tone out of my rig. However, I was just curious about the Hush Pedal. I had heard it was not as good as the Rack units, and it appears it isn't. I ALWAYS use the very best of cables, as I play A LOT, and I replace worn cables often. Again, Thanks for the info !!!
                  Only The Strong Survive

Comment

To give Monster Cable a shameless plug, they'll replace your cables for free if they ever fail.
                    Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

Comment

Working...
                    X