good acoustic guitar under $1000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good acoustic guitar under $1000?

im looking for a nice acoustic under $1000, i dont have one and i'd like something i can mess with thats not electric. any ideas?

i was thinking of getting a martin or an alvarez...

Re: good acoustic guitar under $1000?

I settled(?) for a Guild D-55 which was slightly more, but before finding it, I liked a handful of Takamine's & a Tacoma, don't recall the numbers though.

All I'll say is play all that you can UNPLUGGED & get whichever sounds good to you! I know that sounds kind of retarded or obvious, but once everyone starts answerring the thread & you start hitting the stores, you'll know what I mean!

GOOD LUCK & have fun.......you've got a lot of playing to do!!!!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
    Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
    FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

I have a washburn cutaway acoustic i spent 600 at guitar center and never had a problem, although it is only 8 months old
      http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/mybrokensoulmusic.htm

4yrs of college + 1 B.A. + 40,000 in student loans = 64k per yr job I hate, help me please

Peavey XXX
      Schecter 006 Elite
      SD Invader
      Pro tools

Comment

get either a martin or taylor or guild my friend got a sweet martin for $600 and its electric too.

Comment

definitely look for a used Taylor...and don't buy any until you give a takamine a try!
          Originally posted by jeremy
          God hates bad guitar tone
          GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
          AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
          EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
          Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss
            definitely look for a used Taylor...and don't buy any until you give a takamine a try!
            Ditto, play all the taylors you can see. There are a lot of good ones as well as some amazing ones for the price. A local music store of mine had a stunning sounding one for $720 i believe.
            Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Comment

If you can get a hold of one, look at a Cole Clark...they are here in australia but you might find them overseas. They are amazing guitars, and great value too!
              My Soundclick page.

Comment

Taylors are really nice, and Takamine has certainly gotten better over the last 20 years. I prefer Ovation. You can find them new for under $400. They sound to me like an acoustic guitar should sound, totally flat response if you stay away from the shallow bowl models.
                www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Martin D-15. Can't beat it for the $$$.
                  Only The Strong Survive

Comment

What about a satin finish Norman B20?

Comment

Originally posted by 59paul
                      Martin D-15. Can't beat it for the $$$.

I agree: All Mahogony top back and sides great sound great price. For a little more $ you can get the next model up (d1 or om1).

Martins are more "acoustic guitars for acoustic guitarists.
                      Taylors are good acoustics for electric guitarists. IMO they ar brighter than Martins.
                      "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Or find some of those K Yairi guitars, very very nice acoustics, both their normal and highend stuff is extremely wellmade and great playing things.

Comment

Some of the Takamine G-Series are really great.
                          Crafter guitars arent that bad and have some really nice finish.
                          Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Definately check out some stuff from Tacoma.
                            -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
                            I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

i'd love to get a tacoma but they're expensive.

im going to dixie guitar trader down here in FL today, see what they have. i looked in there the other day and they had an old marshall jpm with and 8x12 cab!!! i sawa pink mockingbird too but i didn't get to see their acoustics.i'll check them out today!

Comment

Working...
                              X