banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are g&l tribute pickguards easily replaceable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are g&l tribute pickguards easily replaceable?

hey folks

in my quest for a tele style guitar, i've come across the tribute asat classic premium by G&L ... only rub is the tortoise shell guard .. i'd want straight black ... it is an 8 screw , but i dont know if it is :

- standard size, shape
    - standard cutout for pickup size, shape, & location
    - screw hole location

anyone know for sure?

thoughts about these guitars, in general?

thanks t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Re: are g&l tribute pickguards easily replaceable?

Check out Jeannie Pickguards I ordered from them a couple of times, great work and really nice people.
    ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

i think it has a differently cut bridge cut, due to the two point fulcrum thingy G&L has...
      :firing: :soapbox: :rocket: :omg:
      Its the way things are, kill the ones w/ the ideas.

Comment

Check out the G&L website - www.glguitars.com

They sell parts online

Comment

I just ordered a pickguard for a G&L a few weeks ago. They told me that Chandler does all of the G&L pickguard, and directed me to them. They cost about the same as any company, but they have the exact templates for the G&L guitars, so order from them. www.chandlerguitars.com
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

thanks all

i hope chandler does the tribute line as well as the USA G&Ls

cheers
            t4d
            gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
            X