Marshall 1965A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 1965A

What do you guys think about these cabs? They're the 4x10's. I would prefer 12's, but I have a chance to get one for $300. Anybody have any experience with these with some pointers about what to expect from it?

Re: Marshall 1965A

I didn't realize they were 10s???? I thought they were 12s? Anyway they sound awesome! They're loaded with Celestion 75watts and can be set for mono or stereo. They are METAL cabs without a doubt. Mids are accented... really nice crunch to them. I play my Dual Rectifier through an oversized cab loaded with Celestion 35s and it produces a VERY deep chunky tone. But when I plugged into my buddies 1960A it was amazingly different. It really balanced the natural deep voice of my Mesa well.

By the way... $300 is a very good price.

But as with anything else... you HAVE to play through it first. It is a great cab, but if it's not the tone you want then I'd pass on it. Or you can buy it anyway and sell it on eBay for $150 more LOL!
    1978 Lefty Gibson Les Paul Custom (C5 bridge, Jazz neck) with Jimmy Page wiring
    1996 Lefty Fender Jazzmaster (w/ SD Antiquity IIs)
    2003 Lefty Taylor 414RCE (Rosewood Limited Edition with Expression System)
    Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 3-channel through Marshall 1960A cabinet via THD HotPlate
    Effects: Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah, Fulltone DejaVibe, Maxon Rotary Phaser (PH-350), Boss DD6, Boss RC20 LoopStation, BBE Sonic Stomp

Comment

Re: Marshall 1965A

Sorry, know nothing about this cab, and have never been a fan of Marshall cabs, either. You didn't mention what head you will be using, nor is it in your sig ...
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
      X