banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Little Help With 2x12's if you please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Help With 2x12's if you please..

Im looking for one of these babies to hook up to my DSL50 and dont wannna carry around my 4X12 so could you guys help me choose..Ive been eyeing up the MArshall 1936 but it has GH12T 75's (i think) and i hear there not really all that great, from the know brands to me there isnt much of a selection, also i was looking at the Mesa 2x12 recto cab with V30's, The speakers would be good but Mesa is just a bit overpriced so what do you guys think is my best bet?

If you can recomend any brand 2X12 cos ill proboly end up sticking a marshall badge on it anyways..

Cheers Thanks alot..
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Re: A Little Help With 2x12's if you please..

Oh and i was considering taking off the back of it and cutting out a new piece of wood and use that as a half open or would that only make more of a difference in 4X12's?

Cheers..
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

check out www.avatarspeakers.com for great custom built cabs. a buddy of mine has a 412 which kicks. They offer tons of different speaker combinations at a great price.
      Good Luck,
      Brian
      Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Comment

I would keep an eye out for a used one. I don't think you can get the avatar there in Ireland. The marshall 2x12 might do the trick. I think it is the 1936. I don't know how the porting works in a 2x12. Maybe some of the pros here know.
        Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
        gibson, marshall, fender, magnatone, THD amps
        SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Comment

Oh yeh im gonna go used, but i guess the Marshall 1936 is proboly my best bet to look out for, And no we cant get avatars here in Europe.. Unless some of ye' ol' Europeans here know of any companies here in europe that do custom cabs as cheap as avatar..?
          Marshall JVM 410C
          Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Working...
          X