anyone played an aerodyne tele?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone played an aerodyne tele?

I'm sure someone here has. I'd like opinions, as a contoured tele sounds like something I could benefit from. I love p90s, too.

I'm especially interested in the fit of the body, as it might help the golfer's elbow I seem to be developing through playing 10 minute plus afrobeat tunes live (I call it afrobeat elbow).
    Originally posted by Jolly
    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Re: anyone played an aerodyne tele?

bump

Comment

Only played one so far, it was off the rack at a big store so the setup was pretty poor and it had 9's so it was real hard to keep in tune but....

It did seem well made and overall had a good feel to it if a bit plain, I think it is CIJ not MIK (my bass just ordered the Aerodyne Jazz and I am sure he told me CIJ). The bridge pup had nothing but the P-90 neck was all right, typical vintage style P-90, played it through a Roland Blues Cube. Light curve to the top and definitely comfortable with the contours, I really liked the 3-way set up like an LP, that's perfect for me. If I remember correctly it had a C style neck a bit chunky with something close to the old style radius. I didn't get excited enough about it to buy it but it was certainly serviceable if it fits your requirement, I think it was fairly light. I little trimmer body than a traditional Tele.

I actually liked the goldtop MIK setneck Tele they made for a short while a lot better but when I went to buy it it was gone and they seem rather hard to find.
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Yeah, the three way is cool, and the volume knob is closer than my 72 custom ri. Sort of the best of both worlds as far as controls go. Good to hear the neck isn't skinny.

Comment

I checked those out, and was pretty impressed with how they felt in my hands. I think their ergonomic design makes it a cross between a regular Tele and one of those thin Ibanez types, but leans more into the Am Std Tele vibe. Like Wattage, I wasn't blown away by the bridge pickup, but the neck P-90 seemed good enough to leave in the guitar. The neck felt exactly like most late 90's Am Std necks.
          I think it's a good deal for the money, and needs only a top notch Duncan tele bridge pickup. I could see it being a guitar that would grow on you, making it a keeper. It looks like a sleek, Italian suit, especially since the headstock is black.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

i thought about getting one & dropping a hot rail in the bridge, for me that would do everything (except be twangy) that my guitar now can't do. Who knows, maybe even drop a different p-90 in
            Originally posted by gibson175
            metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

I bought one a few months ago. Admittedly it was on sale, but so were all their other guitars. I agree with the other assessments of the bridge pickup tone, but I'm not a bridge pickup guy so that didn't bother me too much. The middle and neck positions are great, and all 3 pickup positions are very well balanced. I haven't decided whether I prefer the neck or neck+bridge, and I keep switching between them in practice. It's definitely got that Tele "ring", but the P-90 fattens it up. I thought about switching out the bridge pickup, but I might end up messing up that middle position so I'll probably leave it. The body fits great, and the whole thing looks sharp as hell. Good sustain, most likely due to the strings loaded through the body.

I play pop type of stuff, like Pete Yorn, Coldplay, etc. and do a lot of strumming and picking, which it's great for. It's nice and bright without being shrill or twangy (unless it's on the bridge pup). My band just got a piano player, and this guitar fits in very well with the mix because it doesn't fight the piano's frequency range like a fatter guitar might and like my acoustic did before I tweaked its EQ. However, if you're a metal or hard rock guy it's probably not your axe.
              Carvin SC90 (Jazz neck, CC bridge)
              Fender Aerodyne Telecaster (stock pups: tele bridge and p-90 neck)
              Ampeg Reverberocket combo

http://emayhem.com/toptenidols
              http://emayhem.com/the_fords
              (note: these songs were not recorded using the gear mentioned above...)

Comment

sounds like some pretty good reviews...i'm gonna have to play one of those next chance i get...
                Originally posted by jeremy
                God hates bad guitar tone
                GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage
                  It did seem well made and overall had a good feel to it if a bit plain, I think it is CIJ not MIK (my bass just ordered the Aerodyne Jazz and I am sure he told me CIJ). The bridge pup had nothing but the P-90 neck was all right, typical vintage style P-90, played it through a Roland Blues Cube.
                  -It is a Japan-made instrument. Good quality.
                  -Chunky neck, but not too much; nice fit in my hand and good to grab onto. I will admit that I like my Carvin's neck better, but that's a different guitar for a different purpose.
                  Carvin SC90 (Jazz neck, CC bridge)
                  Fender Aerodyne Telecaster (stock pups: tele bridge and p-90 neck)
                  Ampeg Reverberocket combo

http://emayhem.com/toptenidols
                  http://emayhem.com/the_fords
                  (note: these songs were not recorded using the gear mentioned above...)

Comment

Just tried one this lunchtime. Quality was good, typical CIJ. The p90 sounded very good, but the bridge pickup could be a bit meatier. The body fit was nice, and it sounded extremely tonally balanced, something I often find with the better basswood guitars. The setup wasn't quite there, and the neck was a tad 'u' shaped. Not too bad, though. Overall, it was quite sleek and 'hot rod'. I liked the control placing, too.

Good price, too. I'll have a think about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X