I need you guy's input.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need you guy's input.

I plan on selling my gibson les paul special faded, because I wanna buy a H1 strat. I only want to sell it locally because I don't want to deal with the hassels of shipping. but I need some help on the asking price. I will give description. 2002 gibson les paul special faded, worn cherry, all stock, normal playing wear a few small dings and nicks, nothing that stands out at all. worming on back from belt but does not go thru finish and about 8 months ago the headtock had a fracture in it and it got repaired by a proffessional luthier and it is literally invisible, can not see it whats over completely solid. I've tried to check ebay but there is only a few of these on there and they are all brand new going for $525-$625. bought it brand new 1 1/2 years ago for 749.99 plus tax. I really need to know how much to ask any input is welcome.

Re: I need you guy's input.

I'd check ebay and see what similar are selling for.
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

In all Honesty, that Guitar is now worth about $400 ( maybe )
      With the Headstock Break, worming, and normal wear..it has seen some Major depreciation.

Whoever you sell it to, Be honest and disclose the Headstock Break. Honesty is the best policy !!!
      Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Originally posted by 59paul
        In all Honesty, that Guitar is now worth about $400 ( maybe )
        With the Headstock Break, worming, and normal wear..it has seen some Major depreciation.

Whoever you sell it to, Be honest and disclose the Headstock Break. Honesty is the best policy !!!

B
        FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Why don't you see if you could get a trade for the H1 strat ? - find one that you like and then start dealing. If it is worth only $400 approx you may well fine GC or one of the stores take this in exchange and if their prices are around the same level, if it is a bit more just pay the difference.
          Normans Guitars

Comment

GC is the worst on tradeins they never give you what its worth. i wanted to trade in my jackson soloist [4years old] and it was in great shape they said 150.00 thats if you purchase another guitar.

a friend of mine had a fender tele american he paid 800.00 for it didnt like it 2 months later traded it in they said they can only give him 300.00 for it being a dumbass he did it and 3 days later it had a sticker in the used section for 600.00 and it sold for that as i know the guy who bought it.

GC is ok for some stuff but when it comes to that crap no way your better off ebaying it people on ebay are crazy they spend more on an item that its truely worth just for the sake of bidding
            http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/mybrokensoulmusic.htm

4yrs of college + 1 B.A. + 40,000 in student loans = 64k per yr job I hate, help me please

Peavey XXX
            Schecter 006 Elite
            SD Invader
            Pro tools

Comment

hey, i live in florida too!!

how far is where you live from ft. leauderdale?

Comment

Its pretty far I live near Jacksonville beach, jacksonville. My dad lives in fort pierce tho. and of course I will tell whoever buys it about the break. and It wasnt me who caused the break it was my mom, I was at my friends and they were all jamming and i wanted my guitar really bad and she was goin to be in that area anyways, so she was goin to put my guitar in the case and dropped it. she didnt even tell me!!! I found it wiith the crack and almost passed out. My mom paid for all the repairs because she felt really bad it was expensive as hell. it was like $150 to fix.

Comment

I think I will take pictures and right a description and print it out and put them on bulletins in music stores and cd stores. so you think $400 is a good price? I can do that I was thinkin more towards $450-$475 but I really want the strat so I will sell for that if I have to.

Comment

the weirdest thing just happened, I just restringed the les paul faded because my friend took the strings off it when he was bored and was too lazy to put a new set on??? dumbass haha. and I plugged it in and it sounded considerably better than I remember??? Almost better than my classic with the ****ty stock PUs!!! but I'm shure it won't be like that soon. It even made me question if I really wanted to put the pg/seths in the classic and not just by some 490/498s of off ebay for mucho cheaper(don't throw anything at me) but I'm sure all you guys on this forum who switched those out did it for a reason. but anyways I dont wanna sell my faded now. I know, I know I'm going back and forth. but all I have is a classic and a faded and I might get that strat or tele some time. after the amp. the amount of cash I would get for it, like 59paul said would almost be not worth selling at all. Its almost like the guitar was begging me not to sell it and prooved its self worthy.

Comment

Working...
                    X