Daisy Rock revisited.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daisy Rock revisited.

Jessica's *****Bucker thread got me to poking a little fun at Daisy Rock guitars, but after looking over their website, they've come a long way since the original butterfly/flower series of guitars:

I really like some of these, and since Scott F is demonstrating his "security in his masculinity" over here,
    I don't mind saying that I actually like that top one too.

If, on the other hand, this thread disappears in 10 minutes, you'll know I had second thoughts.

Re: Daisy Rock revisited.

I think they'd look sweet on Scott - and so would the guitars!!
    Normans Guitars

Comment

I quite like this one actually:

Comment

Yup . . . and the white one at the bottom . . . perhaps with a set of Seth's.

Comment

I want one of these with an 85 in the bridge, SAV in the neck, EMG PA2 (20db preamp booster), and a spiked black leather shoulder strat.

Seriously.

|| Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
            . . . . and a spiked black leather shoulder strat.
            Is that what we call a freudian slip?

Seriously though, if your going with black leather, you gotta get the pink one.

Comment

All kidding aside, I wouldn't mind checking out the 2 at the bottom of the first post with the idea of putting in a set of SD Firebird-style mini-humbuckers. It's difficult to find a guitar with mini-HB routing and decent ergonomics. I wonder what the necks are like -- I like 'em with some substance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelsey
                All kidding aside, . . .
                Exactly . . . the more I look into these, the more serious a guitar they seem to be. Some of the models come from the factory with Duncans.

Whats not to like.

Comment

All kidding aside, I wouldn't mind checking out the 2 at the bottom of the first post with the idea of putting in a set of SD Firebird-style mini-humbuckers. It's difficult to find a guitar with mini-HB routing and decent ergonomics. I wonder what the necks are like -- I like 'em with some substance.
                  Who said I was kidding? I said I was serious, and I actually mean it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
                    Seriously though, if your going with black leather, you gotta get the pink one.
                    Nah. I like the yellow one better. It's brighter and it'll be easier to see in the dark. Besides, red stage lighting will turn it pink anyway.

Comment

I wonder what the necks are like -- I like 'em with some substance.
                      Here's a quote from Harmony Central:

Conceived and designed by Tish Ciravolo, a female bassist entrenched in the club scene for many years, her experience has been that young girls are often inhibited to pick up the instrument because traditional guitars are bulky and physically awkward for them to hold. "If you look at females in popular music there aren't a whole lot of women guitarists and it's not for lack of talent - just look at P.J. Harvey, Nancy Wilson, Bonnie Raitt, and Melissa Etheridge." Ciravalo says. "Until now there hasn't been a guitar built that young girls feel comfortable with and my hope is the Daisy Rock will conquer these inhibitions and empower more young girls to play guitar." Daisy Rock guitars are constructed by Michael Ciravolo, President of Schecter Guitars, who also makes axes for Papa Roach, Powerman 5000, Orgy, and Stone Temple Pilots
                      So the necks may not suit you.

Comment

Working...
                      X