79 Les Paul
    Jap Strat
    TS9DX
    Merican woman od
    boss chorus,
    Trem
    and delay,
    all into a 59 bassman ri

Im looking at getting some more od pedals and comp pedals, i was going to get a ds1 and a zoom PD 01, are those wastes, and I should save to either get the cream tone, or custom od? I like to play srv\clapton stuff, as well as a bit more saturated drive tones, if I do get a G2D pedal, what is recommended?

Re: G2D users weigh in please

Thoroughly recommend the G2D stuff.

You have a bassman, which is a pre-blackface circuit, so I recommend the custom, as the Cream-tone sounds best with blackface fenders. The custom is more transparent in it's blues mode, and that should suit the bassman well. In my experience (I owned one), the cream tone was a bit too fat with blonde/tweed era fender circuits, veering into the Roben Ford/Larry Carlton end of things.

Having said that, I believe you can order the cream-tone with a brighter circuit if you ask Grant and Dave at G2D. Flick Grant and Dave an email, and tell 'em Martin Sutcliffe sent you.

I use the classic, and it's fantastic at doing the old marshall thing, but the custom is the most versatile of the bunch. So unless you know of somewhere you can try them out (not common outside New Zealand), I'd go for the custom.
    Originally posted by Jolly
    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Re: G2D users weigh in please

I use the Custom, and would agree re the non-fattening aspect.

Very transparent pedal.

Comment

Working...
      X