Iced Earth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iced Earth!

love Iced Earth, they are like Iron Maiden on steroids. John Schaffer is one of my favorite guitarists i was wondering if anyone had any idea what gear they use (guitars, amps that sorta thing) thanx
    i think Jon schaffer now uses a custom LP, thats what i saw in guitar player mag anyways..
    custom rg 270dx w/hb101 neck
    epi goth explorer, w/jazz neck+JB bridge

Comment

I liked iced earth but i cant stand ripper owens this guy, I dont know i never really liked the whole operetic type vocal ahla maiden, halford. Plus i say the video where ripper [nice name ] was punching the air and screaming at the begining of it and i thought Schaffer why man why.
      http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/mybrokensoulmusic.htm

4yrs of college + 1 B.A. + 40,000 in student loans = 64k per yr job I hate, help me please

Peavey XXX
      Schecter 006 Elite
      SD Invader
      Pro tools

Comment

As for Jon Schaffer , he uses explorers and sg's most of the time, and his amps are custom built but i cant rember the guys name who builds them............And yes, they are awsome!

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
          That's a misconception, tho. Not all Priest has high vocal parts. In fact, on most stuff, Halford sings in the middle of his range, like Buce ****inson. The fact that so many vocalists try to 'pull a Halford' and sing in a register they simply can't is what made his vocal style seem so cheesy. In fact, it is not. Halford's voice is amazing, and the fact that he can enunciate while doing what he does vocally practically defies description ... the man is a mutant!!
          very true about Priest, i just got back from ozzfest, and he does the occasional high range scream and such, but 90% was normal range voice...man they were really friggen good live, i haven't heard much priest but damn it was good...an Sabbath at ozzfest was even better...great 1st concert for me

Comment

Originally posted by LucidInterval
            King Diamond and Merciful Fate! That is just wacky.
            haha king diamond's one of my favorite singers ever, hes insane!
            Originally posted by Aceman
            It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Working...
            X