NOS Tube Shoot out !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NOS Tube Shoot out !!!

I'm sure you guys have seen this before, but I thought I'd throw it up again for anyone interested.

Note that the RFTs came in 2nd behind the Mullard for best 12AX7/ECC83....and that Marshall used them for years!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
    Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
    FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

RFT!! Wow... I'll give em a try!!
      Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Puckboy -

That was a great site, and great reviews....thanks.

I think I've decided to stick strictly with NOS valves for now. I'm going to order the following...I've found sites with some pretty good prices. I'm also going to see if I can pick up some more of those RCA Blackplates...they seem to do well in my V2 slot.

RFT - $30
        Tungstram - $25
        Siemens - $35

I also found a guy who sell tubes that are used NOS, but test new.

Telefunken - $60
        Mullard - $40

I may give a few of these a whirl also. I can't really explain why I'm so taken with the NOS tubes, maybe I'm buying into the hype? It just seems that time and time again when new production tubes are tested agains't NOS, the NOS just outperforms. If you can get an average of 5000 hours out of a NOS tube, and 10000 out of some of the Mullards and Tele's....I won't have to buy a whole bunch to have a long, long supply.

Who knows...I'm probably just throwing good money after bad with the level at which I play....but I guess that's one of the things that freedom offers...the right to make not the smartest choices..but the ones that make you feel the best.
        My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
        X