Should I jump on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I jump on this?

I'm gonna see if he will except $575 shipped. This is the cheapest I have seen these amps go for they are $899 new. Just seein what you think. I know I want this amp, I've already tried it out and absolutely love it. so don't try to talk me out of it haha, you think this is a good deal?
    I have $515 right now. I will have $575 on friday. auction ends friday night. so I will email him the offer thursday night. If he declines I will just use 'buy it now' and borrow $15 bucks from my sister. I just hope no one buys it before now.

Re: Should I jump on this?

If you want it that bad...just hit the BIN. Someone else may snag it if you wait.

The only bad rap I've heard on the 401's is some overheating issues and that the stock speaker needs an upgrade. A $5 mini fan on the tubes will take care of the overheating, and you can get great speaker replacements for $50.

I say go for it now.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

thanks man, but my only problem is I won't have all the money until friday. should I buy it now and take my money to the bank on saturday morning get a money order and send the money order on sat. morning? is that aloud? there is nothing in the auction that says immediate patment

Comment

yes, I've read the reveiws on it over heating but also read that having a tech set a mini fan near the tubes and wiring the fan to turn on when the amp turns on it solves that problem.

Comment

ahhhh!!! theres another one w/ BIN for $525 its got new GT tubes and the little fan installed!!! **** the BIN says immediate payment!!! I'll wait it out till tomorrow and beg my mom to use her credit card and pay her back. I hope it'll still be there tomorow. and the guy lives in florida like me so shipping cost will be low!! I gotta get this one!!!

Comment

If it doesn't say immediate payment required, payment is usually required in 5-7 days. If you used BIN, Saturday wouldn't be too out of line....but it would be pushing it.
            My Sound Clips

Comment

Pass man, Just wait i learned the hard way if you wait till late fall you can find stuff cheaper on ebay the closser to x-mass the better deals you will find.
              http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/mybrokensoulmusic.htm

4yrs of college + 1 B.A. + 40,000 in student loans = 64k per yr job I hate, help me please

Peavey XXX
              Schecter 006 Elite
              SD Invader
              Pro tools

Comment

Id just jump on it....wouldnt buy it though

Seriously though, if you really want it and you can have the money in time if you hit the BIN option, just do it if its still a good price. I wouldnt worry about trying to get it a little cheaper because you might miss your chance. At least if you BIN you will have total control over the price and it wont be left up in the air, and you'll have it for sure!
                My Soundclick page.

Comment

e-mail the guy and just communicate with him - find out if he will wait a day or two for you to get funds together and that you are prepared to hit the BIN.

Remember rule 1 - communicate with the seller and ask lots of questions
                  Normans Guitars

Comment

Definitely communicate heaps with the seller...thats a must for prospective transactions like this.
                    My Soundclick page.

Comment

ya I emailed him w/ shipping questions and comments. I also said I was really considering the BIN. he hasn't emailed back yet though. And I don't think I want to ask him to wait for me to get my funds together, if someone said that to me I would be a little iffy. Thanks for the advice on waiting till fall, but I wanna get the cheapest one available now because I sold my amp to my friend, I need a new one as soon as possible but I will keep that in mind while shopping for other gear. I think I will wait till Friday when I have all my money and just pray it will still be there. Thats what my mom said I had to do and I've learned better than to argue with that.

Comment

Would't they nor be more expensive closer to christmas??

Also the DSL's a great amp..
                        Marshall JVM 410C
                        Mesa Boogie DC-3
                        ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
                        1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
                        2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
                        2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
                        1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
                        2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
                        1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Yep, I'd say to wait until you get the funds and then purchase it.

As good as a deal appears to be, it's only as good as the seller's credibility. I'd check to make sure he has sold expensive items before and received good feedback.

Also, it seems to me, that you'll be able to find those prices again should you decide to purchase one a little later. They are around that ballpark so I'd be patient. You'd be surprised what falls through only to have another chance a little later.

I've been stalking a few different high end guitars and I was too late on most of them, but I'm still seeing new auctions offering what I want and I didn't even have to wait months for it. I think a little wait is worth it, I'm now learning patience. If a seller does something fishy (for instance, selling a rare Parker Fly guitar and in the pictures, the back photo was of a lefty guitar while the rest were righty ), it's not worth it to risk it.

Just a little advice from my experiences online
                          Originally posted by kevlar3000
                          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                          Originally posted by Zerberus
                          Better is often the enemy of good
                          Originally posted by ginormous
                          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by y2stevo
                            Would't they nor be more expensive closer to christmas??

Also the DSL's a great amp..
                            Actually you would be quite surprised how many bargains can be had around this time and into the new year as many guys have to sell stuff quickly to finance presents and other things whiere they have got into deep moolah!!

But wait and see what happens if its still there then go for it, if its gone well that is unfortunate but I am sure you are triple checking e-bay every 15 minutes for others to come up - right?
                            Normans Guitars

Comment

Working...
                            X