banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Line 6 Vetta 2, What do you think about this amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Line 6 Vetta 2, What do you think about this amp?

I think with any of the "bag of tricks" amps (that wasn't intended in a derogatory manner) one needs to be able to try it out in a live situation. I Like the Vetta and HD series. i am playing a line 6 guitar port now (not the same thing i know). When I play live I use Tube amps. I am a little older and was turned off to multi-effects and do it all amps/effects in the '80s & '90's primarily by the Digitech line of guitar processors. Other than the digital hiss, many of these products sounded good at bedroom levels, but when that same sound was amplified to a stage level, it flattened out and turned to mush (with a digital hiss usually heard at the end of a palm mute.) I personally would have taken a marshall valvestate over most multi-effect "bag of tricks". I have played most all of the line 6 products, and have to say they have removed 90% of my aversion to amp modelling technology. Many of the sounds that are modelled react much as the real amp would ie. feedback, touch sensativity, rolloff, power amp distortion vs. preamp distortion, on and on and on. What I havn't tried, is using one live in a club setting, in a band mix situation. I would highly encourage anyone thinking of getting one of these amps to play live with versus using as a practice amp to try it out in a live situation. Most of the music stores I deal with would let me do that if I wanted, especially if I put down a deposit on the amp. You don't test drive a car in the showroom do you?
    Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
    gibson, marshall, fender, magnatone, THD amps
    SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Comment

Re: Line 6 Vetta 2, What do you think about this amp?

Originally posted by drew_half_empty
      i hate marshall distortion, and line 6 amps

so my code works for me
      Its your code i guess..
      Marshall JVM 410C
      Mesa Boogie DC-3
      ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
      1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
      2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
      2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
      1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
      2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
      1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Working...
      X