I'm so disapointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm so disapointed

My GF says I look fat w/ a ES-335. Mostly because they're big guitars but I tower them. Indie, check out the Epi Firebirds w/ 3 pickups, they're alot better. We had a Gibson and an Epi firebird here, and the Epi beat the Gibby to hell.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

you want to look radical.. man get your ass a jackson kelly.. that is screaming metal up your ass! i want one in trans red. it just spells bad-ass

and those hammers dont look half bad. if there only wants the pickguard. imo, those ruin the look of the explorer

i liked the EPS's better when they had the original gibby ex shape.. now they ruined it. far too pointy and, just wrong somehow

Comment

hmmm... three pickups ain't me. I actually don't like the feel of an SG, too much, either. I love the way fenders and LP's feel.... but, I have to agree, I probably look pretty retarded with an Explorer or Flying V.... thehehehe....
        You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

*cough(Hamer)cough*
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

maybe you should quit trying to be fashionable & play what sounds & feels good
            Originally posted by gibson175
            metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

It's not that I want to be fashionable, I've just always had a weak spot for a radical body, like the Ex, V or Warlock... they're just so... radical.

Comment

i dont like 3 pup gibsons either. that middle pup messes with me and i dont really think it does much for the tone.

body shapes aside, if you dont like the first you pick up, try a couple more. there is a difference in playablility, feel and sound between different individual guitars.
                keep playing em till you find one that you fall in love with

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
                  i dont like 3 pup gibsons either. that middle pup messes with me and i dont really think it does much for the tone.
                  i agree with that. The middle pup stuffs my picking up as well...one of the reasons I'm not a strat fan (even though I do have the obligatory 1 Fender strat...)
                  'No matter how hot and sexy any woman looks, some guy, somewhere, is tired of putting up with her sh#t..'

Comment

no i'm saying you didn't like some guitars because they looked bad on you, who cares, honestly
                    Originally posted by gibson175
                    metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

And from your avatar we can assume you choose a guitar based on how much fibre it adds to your diet?
                      'No matter how hot and sexy any woman looks, some guy, somewhere, is tired of putting up with her sh#t..'

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                        I'm still looking for a Destroyer or a Tokai Explorer.....me wantses dat ole VH sound....among other things
                        Hamer Standard Special
                        Heavy Metal is a 73 tonne Main Battle Tank :headbang:

B.C. Rich USA ST-III w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Neck/Middle, Duncan Custom Bridge. :firedevil

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan
                          And from your avatar we can assume you choose a guitar based on how much fibre it adds to your diet?
                          exactly.... that's why I'd like an explorer, it's a HUGE hunk o'wood

Comment

I had a 76'Explorer, and it had GREAT tone.

Of course, I dumped the electronics and went aftermarket...
                            Seeker Of Ultimate Tone

Comment

Epiphone '58 RI Explorer was my first "real" guitar and I still have it to this day. It rocks after you upgrade the electronics.
                              Watch My Videos
                              Photography
                              www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
                              "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

Working...
                              X