Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best multitrack recorder for the money

hey guys,
    i want to start recording songs so what do you think would be a really nice compact recorder under like ...300 dollars that will be able to do around 8 tracks. thanks for the help

Re: best multitrack recorder for the money

Are you talking stand-alone or computer based?
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Get a Boss BR-864. It is an 8 track digital recorder, with 64 virtual tracks, has got some good effects built in and also a drum machine, has inputs, outputs for connecting line ins and outs, digital out interface, midi interface has USB. It use CompacFlash and can hold up to 520 minutes of hi-quality recording on a 1GB. It's fairly light only weighs about 4lbs. Records 2 tracks a time. I have one. I suspect that you could get one around $300 but look on e-bay. Here's what it looks like:

Go to their site for more details:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/det...rodid=BR%2D864
      Normans Guitars

Comment

If you can afford it, try and get one with a hard drive rather than compactflash, as the extra space is so beneficial.
        Have a look for the Zoom MRS802. A few shops have been doing an amazing deal on them. You get 8 tracks, built in 20gig hard drive, and you can buy any cheap CD writer and slot it in in about 30 secs.
        Ernie Ball Axis Sport (SD EVH 78/ Alnico 2 Pro)
        Ernie Ball Silhouette Special
        Gordon Smith Graduate Slimline (Dimarzio Air Zone/ SD 59)
        Gordon Smith Graduate Slimline (Bare Knuckles Stormy Monday neck and bridge)
        Fender American Series Telecaster
        Marshall Jubilee 2554 combo
        Marshall JMP Master Volume Combo
        Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube 20

Comment

Yeh id recommend a hard drive too..if your in a band and want to start doing demos then you'll proboly need more than 8 trakcs unless your a 3 piece.. I use a Fostex VF16 which is the older model of the current fostex VF160..this is proboly a bit too expensive for you tho..But sefinitly try your best to look for one with hard drive as even buting bigger flash cards like 1BG are nearly as expensive as the unit itself..
          Marshall JVM 410C
          Mesa Boogie DC-3
          ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
          1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
          2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
          2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
          1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
          2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
          1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

y2 stevo - post some of your stuff then man!

i wanna hear that wolfie through the DSL
            My clips

Originally posted by Rid
            How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

well i cant do any Wolfie DSL stuff at the mo as im still recording a demo for another band and all my mics are at the other guys house so i wont be able to do any recording for myself for at least another week or two, ill post a song or two from the bands semo too as i think they're brilliant, Alos they're using my wolfie for some parts of the songs cos they have low model epiphones..
              Marshall JVM 410C
              Mesa Boogie DC-3
              ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
              1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
              2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
              2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
              1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
              2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
              1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Working...
              X