Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prs se soapbar - what's bad about it?

pretty much what the title says

i'm considering a prs se soapbar, and all the reviews mention how great it is

i'd like to know EVERYTHING **** about this guitar, don't hold back :o)

thanks

Re: prs se soapbar - what's bad about it?

i think it is a great guitar. Ive owned mine for a few weeks and its my most played. I have the stock pickups still in it.... i have a custom3 to put in the bridge but im waiting to get a neck pickup so i can change them both at the same time. The neck is REALLY fat so make sure you don't mind a fat neck. There is really nothing at all i can say bad about it. Some dont like the wrap around bridge because of intonation issues.... but i have mine strung with .10s and it is perfect.
    '05 Gibson SG Standard
    '07 Gibson Sg Standard Emg 81/85
    PRS IRW McCarty
    '92 Fender MIA Telecaster
    82 Usa Epiphone Spirit w/ Dirtyfingers

Comment

I wonder what the stock neck pickup would sound like in the bridge. :hint hint:

Comment

Nothing wrong with them. The cuts of wood are decent, the hardware is a bit cheaper than US models, and they're assembled cheap in Korea. Paul Reed Smith resisted the idea of creating an import line, for fear of tarnishing his company's reputation. He waited till PRS was an empire first, then made sure his import line kept the same integrity as his US made models. What you get is a guitar made the same as a Samick or Washburn, but with slightly better wood and components.
        Everytime I pick one up and play it, I can't believe they sell for $400-$550.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
        X