banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey you guys I'm having a hard time choosing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey you guys I'm having a hard time choosing...

lol at Racer, can someone please answer my last post?

Comment

anyone? please

Comment

what amp are you using dude? i think alot of metal tones have to do with the amp and its gain and drive........
        http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
        >cord<
        1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

um, every tone has to do with the amp and pups...

Comment

i get a half decent metal tone out of my gordon smith and the pups on that are about 10 k i think (from memory) i know the neck is 9 ish and the bridge isnt much hotter.

hardly "hot"

i just put quite a bit of drive off the amp ... guitar port
            My clips

Originally posted by Rid
            How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarist
              What amp are you playing through? That is a HUGE factor in what tone you'll get with different guitars/pups.
              Quite a few people have asked you this...it's pretty important to know - why not just share so we can help more?

Comment

Originally posted by GuyKawka
                ....I've barely know about Duncan pups, what sound will they get me? Will they cover most of the bands that I listed? Like-are they more for the Classic Rock/Hard Rock that I really like or theat Havy Metal sound that I love? Are they hot?
                2 JBs in the RR5, the one in the bridge will give you more or less anything you need, very versatile. A JB at the neck is very smooth and singing, depending on amp and style it can become muddy as well. Definitely higher output than the SGs pickups, but I think the SG could end up more versatile because of the lower output.

Oh ya, the only problem on the RR5 is that its a flying V...I play mostly sitting down, but I've played a Jackson V similar to the RR Series in a guitar Store, and I've found some way to sit with it between my right leg. (I howeer do love the look of that V).
                do what Randy did, hold it like a classical...

And what is that weird bridge the RR5 has? I've never seen or felt that bridge, it doesn't look to comfortable, all I need is a floyd on the RR and I would be set..
                Wierd bridge???? Has a Tune-O-Matic, just like a Les paul or the SG. B ut you can have a floyd installed aftermarket (but then you´d be better off saving up for a few more months and getting a USA Rhoads with JB/Jazz and a Floyd stock

But by all love to jackson, I´d still go with the SG
                Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Um Zerb, I'm guessing that you mean JB TB4's right? Oh ya and that bridge, it is a tuneomatic but its nowhere near the bridge of a Gibson SG or Les Paul, Gibsons have Hardtails while this RR5 has a weird tuneomatic that doesn't look to comfortable...(I rest my hand on the bridge, since I palm mute alot).

Comment

hmm the only difference i see is its strung through body, probably a good thing on a body that small
                    My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

I know they aren't Duncans, but I find that the 490/498 Combo that Gibson uses is a pretty versitile set, which is why I've still got them in my Les Paul. They aren't so hot that you can't back off and play some blues, but they are hot enough to go full distortioin and rock out. Add that with the playability of an SG, and I would go with the SG (while ESP makes very nice gear, I would never buy a KH model - I HATE Floyd Roses, especially the floating ones).

And for the record, if you're looking to nail Maiden tone, invest in an all single coil strat. Like Zerb said, hotrails would work well.
                      Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Um yeah but need somethng to rest on, I can't just rest on strings....How much would a Floyd Cost and which is more versatile the Seymour Duncan JB TB4 (RR5 Model) or the 490/498 combo on the SG? Which should I get? (And I like the look on the RR more but not by too much..cause I mean the SG also looks good)

Comment

?

Comment

er, either way (tuneomatics) the strings extend out past the bridge so theres really no extra benifit on one with a stop tailpiece like a gibbo

unless your gonna do a lot of trem work stay away from the floyd, it'll thin your tone out
                            My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

what i mean is, theres no extra resting place on a gibbo.

you rest your hand on the bridge itself, its actually quite comfortable, better than some fender bridges where the ajustment screws stick into your hand
                              My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

wow, reading this made my head hurt.

What amp are you playing though? I would suggest a marshall over a new guitar if you are not playing through one already. If you are playing through a marshall then go for the sg i think it will be more versitile in the long run and with some duncans later will be a better guitar than the jackson.
                                Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Working...
                                X